CHASE CASE #2

Sitting tight in Seiling, OK. Center of the low looks like it's in northeast NM and right on the border of TX. Assuming that it moves ENE like I think it will I should be in good position. Vis sat. shows clouds clearing out to my west with some clouds throughout the day. Either way, I feel I am in good position with good road options. The downside is there arent many places to eat in Seiling. If initiation occurs this far south I will probably have to head west to intercept but I would much rather intercept from the east than play catchup from the west. Future data may encourage me to move, but right now I will sit in SEILING, OK.

Ok, Ive decided to go for the Northern Target! If this was a real chase, I would be considering my options, If I chase the northern play than I can just follow the storms east right back home. I am leaving Emporia and will be to my new target of Beatrice, NE around 1:00 PM to look at new updated data.

In the real world, I haven't had the chance to drop in. ;)

Anywho, I decided to stick to my guns in AMA for now. Looks like a great Panhandle chase opportunity. I may head a bit south along I-27, in the hopes that a good show could get going between Amarillo and Lubbock, and (based on my projected storm motions) get a bit of kick start as it nears the Caprock.

I thought I recognized this day, so I couldn't resist looking to see if I was right. I have to sit the rest of this one out. Good chase case Matt.

I'm at Super 8 Amarillo-central having breakfast with my laptop, while looking at the 16Z Spc discussion. It looks a very nice setup, especially in Tx Panhandle. I'm considering to move a little bit north east towards Pampa,Tx. But it's still early, I'm half asleep and I'll stay here for a while. I'm gonna take my decision based on 18Z surface analysis.
http://javascript<b></b>:void(0)

Based off the 18z data, am thinking more of a northwesterly move will be needed. Currently getting ready to reposition to Dalhart to catch up with the DL and to be closer to the TP.

We have continued west through Clinton after seeing the 16z and had a quick lunck before heading west into the TX Panhandle. We are now near Amarillo but will blast south towards Plainview, TX hoping to get there before 21z.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still hanging out in Childress, TX but might drift a little west to get away from town and get on a good caprock hilltop for viewing.

Looks like the Triple point has moved further north than I expected, and I'm out of position for that play. So I'll continue to watch the dry line and move westward out of Woodward, OK and set up in Liberal, KS. I should be getting there around the time of initiation.

I'm a bit concerned about two possible targets, the one in Tx Panh and the other one in SC Ks. Anyway it's time to take a decision and I decide to join O'Keffees heading for Plainview,Tx where I see a nice moisture combined with nice veering, witha not bad T/Td. Hope in a Caprock show later in the afternoon. Wouldn't it be bad if we had a special 18Z sounding in that area.
I'm looking at the radar image and I see there's something to my north-east. I wait 15 minutes before departure and see if it's developing something interesting near Canadian.

Back