CHASE CASE 1

Exactly what process I went through, except I didn't slowly work my way northward. In the narrative I used for this scenario, I was still sitting in North Platte when, at 18Z, the atmospheric information I needed miraculously appeared. After virtually digesting it I chose 1845Z as the departure time from KLBF to KVTN.

Given this time designation, I would have been just too late to see any of the tornadoes west of Wanblee. However, in real life I very well could have determined it wasn't going to work out this far south (KLBF) by, say, 1630Z, instead of 1845Z, because of the ability to get data in a continuous fashion. I would have been over 2 hours ahead of the chase case curve, and would be in position to easily get on this supercell from the beginning.

Well if this were real, hopefully we would be enjoying a steak dinner after bagging a couple of tornadoes. I would like to see what the tornadoes near Wannblee looked like.

I would like to see what the tornadoes near Wannblee looked like.
Scott Blair has one shot on his website...

jun705tor1c.jpg

THE PHOTOS ARE AWESOME. ALRIGHT GUYS, I AM GOING TO GO AHEAD AND POST CHASE CASE 2. I FOUND A DATE THAT SHOULD BE AWESOME. I WILL POST IT SOON. IF YOU RECOGNIZE THE DATE IN ANYWAY, YOU CAN LET ME KNOW, BUT PLEASE DON'T ELUDE TO ANY CLUES.

Well it was boring here in the OK panhandle, but thanks for doing this case!

In real life I didn't get far enough west early enough and got chased all the way back east by that beast of an MCS. Stopped in Mitchell for some grub and 70+ mph winds blasted the power out 2 minutes after I left town.

Back