CHASE CASE 1

Thanks Matt for putting this together! In reality I didn't chase this day but just two days later was the June 9th, 2005 day in western KS that was a big day with the Hill City and Trego Center tornadoes that we did chase.

BUST. Damn it, shoulda headed towards SD. Wasn't even that far away. Stubborn I guess. It sucks that much more having a couple tornadic sups not far away from home. Grrrr. Good thing it's just a sim. Anyways, thanks for putting it together Matt! It is really appreciated.

Thanks for putting this together Matt! I did chase this day in real life. Unfortunately, I missed the Wanblee tornado by about 30 minutes, but was still treated to some beautiful structure with this LP supercell as I moved with the storm from Belvidere to Murdo, SD. I wish I had some pictures to share, but this was back before I owned a digital camera. :(

Thanks, Matt, for managing the chase case! Don't ya just hate it when the SPC is exactly right about South Dakota and you've gotten a sunburn and driven around all day in Nebraska?

As a matter of fact, SPC sort of hit the nail on the head with this one. I appreciate all the kind words. I believe that we should have Chase Case 2 up and running soon. Mr. Corey Sloan is going to give it a go. I sure am ready to be at the chasing end this time. Data collection is very time consuming. . .:)

Thanks Matt for putting this together! In reality I didn't chase this day but just two days later was the June 9th, 2005 day in western KS that was a big day with the Hill City and Trego Center tornadoes that we did chase.

No problem Verne! It is funny you mention that date. . .

Remember Chase Case 14 last year? http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19247&highlight=Chase+Cases

I did the case on June 9th, 2005 last year. Don't know if you participated, but I am sure you did and ended up with steak.

Not sure if I busted but making the late move hurt my chances for the Jackson Co. naders. Did get the evening/nighttime supercell pursuit though. Thanks for the work Matt. Don't remember chasing this event.

Ok Matt...I will do my best....but work and out of town obligations have me tied up until the middle of next week....if someone wants to do a case study over the weekend go for it and I will try to have one up weekend after next so as many people as possible can get in on the study....just take it easy on the "rookie" case study guy...K :)

Just got home from a rehearsal for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." (Yes, there's room in it for a sax player, at least in this production.) So I'm jumping in late, but I'm here to declare that, even as I was blowing riffs in the orchestra pit, I was also simultaneously down there with the Jackson County contingent on that isolated supercell, snapping photos and dancing a Happy Dance.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Taylor, Nebraska, where I'll be playing with a jazz quartet at one of the town's five microbreweries. I'm tellin' ya, that is one happening town.

Was there in plenty of time to witness the tornadoes in SW SD. While I didn't nail it like Scott did I was within 100 miles with my original target of Thedford, NE. Good to knock the rust off my forecasting ability and whomever does the next one I expect to nail it!

I'm really trying to backtrack W on 90 out of Presho as fast as possible. I'm definitely behind schedule and am hoping to get to Kadoka to drop S on 73 to Wanblee. It's an hour drive though so if tornadoes produce before 22z then I'm going to miss out. Fingers crossed...

Was at work all night and didn't get to participate during the live chase but
I'm sure glad I back tracked W on 90 when I did! I wasted a few hours hedging a false bet by going too far E initially, but it all seems to have paid off in the long run. Congrats to all the others who bagged today. Huge thanks Matt for putting this together! This was the first chase case I've participated in and had a blast. Will definitely give it a shot again on the next one...:D

Catching up on this chase case since I was not home last night. I had not chased this day either, but feeling pretty good on this one since I set up shop in Long Valley, SD, just 15 miles by road to Wanblee, and less than 10 miles to the NW of my location as the crow flies, so would like to think I would have been on that cell before the line caught it.

Thanks for the time and effort on this one Matt!

Back