Weather in the News
- 3 storm chasers killed in 2-vehicle accident near Spur, TexasUPDATE 7:54PM CDT: The following details have been released to news media about the crash: Three storm chasers lost their lives in the crash: Kelley Williamson, 57 Randall Yarnall, 55 Corbin Jaeger, 25 - The accident was a T-bone crash at the intersection of County Road 419 and Farm-to-Market road ... read more
- Report: Chasers involved in fatal car accident in TexasJeff Piotrowski is reporting that storm chasers are among victims of a fatal car accident in Spur, Texas. No identities yet.https://twitter.com/Jeff_Piotrowski/status/846826066480107521 ... read more
- Lightning in AustraliaSome nice pics of lightning in Australia by way of The Guardian:https://www.theguardian.com/austral...27/awe-inspiring-lightning-storms-in-pictures ... read more
- 3km Nam?This was new to me, seeing this. I guess it's an upgrade? Anyone have any news on the new 3km NAM? Not finding much info on it or any. Please share with us. Thank you... If this is in the wrong Forum please move and my apologies...EDIT: Just as I ... read more
- Don’t Sound the Sirens! Under a Tornado Warning.This is just stupid! Then again, you can't fix stupid. So many things wrong with this decision... Lee's Summit defends decision to not sound sirens.http://www.kctv5.com/story/34690688/lees-summit-defends-decision-to-not-sound-sirens ... read more
- AMS president Matt Parker has passed awayDetails are slim still, but it was just announced this afternoon that current AMS president Matthew J. Parker passed away last night. Current president-elect Roger Wakimoto will take over as the acting president for the remainder of the term (this year). Matthew J. Parker was 53.https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/ams-mourns-the-loss-of-its-president/ Note, this is not ... read more
No feed items found.