CHASE CASE 4

Bob I have been here with you for awhile I think my disappearing on you in Chase Case #3 really has made you question my existence in Tatum.

Nah, it was just a matter of sequencing. You posted between the time when I started writing my post and the time when I hit "submit reply." I didn't get to read your post till it was too late.

I'll admit, watching you vanish into thin air back there in Concordia startled me more than a little. But I can see you plainly, and I'm willing to believe that all your molecules are properly located here in Tatum.

EDIT: But not for much longer. Just looked at the satellite/radar update. Cells a-firin' to the west and southwest. Which one you wanna go for, bro?

I have had great luck around Lamesa so plan to camp out here this afternoon while I await initiation. Just gotta be watchful of those W. Texas hailbombs that can end a chase pretty quickly.

Aww crud missed the 20z update stuff....guess I better be heading out towards Hobbs and Andrews. Still time to make an adjustment. This day looks familiar but not sure if this is the one I am thinking of. Will stay in the hunt...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am moving west from Boise City, OK to meet the oncoming storms in TX and may move even farther west if needed.

Busting southwest from Brownfield on US 385...almost to Seminole. Trying to get to Hobbs so I can then adjust north or south to meet whichever storm looks most promising.

Multiple cells now firing to my west and southwest apparently from upper jet dynamics. Moving west from Hobbs a few miles to Arkansas Junction, NM, by 20:15Z., and possibly continuing west-northwest to intercept and crash into CZandbergen near Loco Hills.

I will keep an eye out for you and be ready to swerve! :)

Heading west on US 380 toward Roswell, with an eye on possibly dropping south down SR 172, depending. Should put me in good reach of both the central and southernmost storms here in southeast NM. Kurt, you with me?

I'm not even at Brownfield yet, but I want to head west from there towards Tatum, NM. Probably won't make it at this point but I'm going to speed up.

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
TORNADO WATCH
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

34ffojs.gif

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

EXTREME EASTERN NEW MEXICO
FAR WEST AND SOUTHWEST TEXAS

EFFECTIVE THIS FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING FROM 320 PM UNTIL
1100 PM CDT.

TORNADOES...HAIL TO 2.5 INCHES IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND
GUSTS TO 70 MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE