CHASE CASE #2

Probably got nothing but hail south of Grand Island on my way towards the supercell that was in Smith Co., KS. Fail.

OK, I'm back.

My relocation to Texhoma probably wasn't the best move as the northern panhandle cell went up near Dalhart, which I had targeted earlier. Might have caught a tornado in the northeast panhandle but was in the classic out-of-position-for-tubes-to-the-north (Kansas), out-of-position-for-tubes-to-the-south (Happy, TX) routine.

That's chasing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
EVERYONE NEEDS TO THANK BRIAN HURST. HE HAS OFFERED TO BUY STEAK FOR EVERYONE AT THE BIG TEXAN IN AMARILLO. :)

Thanks, Matt look's like I am buying steak for all of :eek: Stormtrack!!!Hope everybody can eat all of that 72oz steak or good at washing the dishes.I think I would have closed the distance from Shamrock to make the Happy tornado!!

Ah yes...the Happy TX tornado day. That day had bigger potential as I remember but
had just a select group of tornadic supercells. I remember that night having a rough ride as a tornado tracked towards Memphis TX and being on a "phoner" with the Hall County Sheriff's office with the play by play after sunset. I remember getting whalloped by an intense RFD on this chase too.

Wasn't able to follow along tonight due to work, but I probably would've gone for the northern TX panhandle storm. Things didn't pan out like I thought they woud across the OK panhandle, I'd like to think I would've realized this and moved south. Who knows, for the sake of simulation and fun I'll say I moved south enough to get some nice structure and maybe even a tornado. Still kind of hurts seeing that TOR damage report 4 miles east of where I was posted up prior to initiation (Seiling, OK).

I was able to get the wedge in Happy,Tx. Panhandle magic:)
Congratulations on all that caught the tubes and thanks a lot to Matt for this very nice case!Superlative job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Matt look's like I am buying steak for all of :eek: Stormtrack!!!Hope everybody can eat all of that 72oz steak or good at washing the dishes.I think I would have closed the distance from Shamrock to make the Happy tornado!!

I am sure Brian Depriest can knock off that 72oz steak. But with all your riches I am sure you could rent out the whole place. Ain't that right chase buddy??:D

Im very pleased with how well i would have done with this chase case. Started out in Shamrock in the morning and moved to Stinnett early in the day. Stayed along hwy 136 between Morse and Pringle all afternoon and would have been in good position for the Pringle tornado.

Its funny, I chased on this day back in 2002 and came up with the exact same target as I did in this Chase Case.....Childress, TX. On the actual chase Justin and I would have had that storm, however we made a mistake deciding which road to take and didn't catch up to the storm until it was closer to Turkey, TX.....well after the Happy tornado. That was a frustrating day.

Nice chase case.. My first one, and I was 40 miles south of the action well before the action started. I imagine I would have scored the Happy, TX Tornado.

Thanks for the chase case. Looking forward to #3. It feels good to have learned something in the past 2 years :)

Chase case 3 will come later on today if all goes as planned.... I am attempting to put one together, the first one I have ever done, so if it sucks bear with me!!! Sorry!

YES DANNY! BRING ON #3!! I AM READY TO PARTICIPATE AS A CHASER. MY CHASE BUDDY SEEMS AWFUL LONELY WITHOUT ME SITTING IN THE PASSENGER SEAT WITH HIM.

Back