CHASE CASE #2

Maybe just maybe I caught the hose around Glazier, I'd have been in the area. I could have caught what happened around Seiling, OK if I'd just stayed put in Clinton or Buffalo, OK!

The difference between these chases and reality is that I'd have had local radio, All-Hazards and two eyes!

I stayed too far east for too long, hopefully Tim V. will be able to help me find drylines better February in Denver :p

Fun stuff, Matt--thanks again!

Looks like I wouldve gotten on the KS/NE border storm too late to witness the tornado reported. I thought about moving to Salina KS at the 19z update but didnt make the move and unfortunately, it cost me a tube :( Oh well, it was still an excellent chase case Matt! Had me thinkin and re-evaluating the whole time :)

Fairly certain I would have been able to get in the game for several of the Texas tornadoes from the Canadian / Shamrock, TX area.....thanks again Matt for the chase case study!!

Just looked at the 23z final update - is that funnel cakes I smell? In real life, just got back from my holiday party, so I will react and state my next step before reading on and seeing any reports. At 22:30z, I was sitting at the intersection of 160 and 283 trying to decide what to do. I was still hoping something would fire between the TX panhandle and the rather unimpressive (on 22:30z radar, anyway) storms near DDC. But by 2250z, I decide nothing is going to happen there, so I am blasting south on 283 into the panhandles hoping that before dark I can intercept that massive cell southwest of Perryton. Maybe I can catch it around sunset somewhere around Elmwood, OK. I'm not optimistic, but it's all I've got at this time.

I did not chase this day in real life, but wow, ended up with very pleasing results for this case. Was positioned in Hereford for that storm and would have stayed with it as it moved east to Happy and I-27. Reservations for the Big Texan are in order!

Thanks again to Matt for the time and effort to run this case. Well done!

Maybe just maybe I caught the hose around Glazier, I'd have been in the area.

Me, too. As stated in my previous post, I started south down 283 from 160 at 2350z. That MIGHT have been enough time to catch the Glazier tube at 0054z, if I drove fast and made NO mistakes. More likely, I narrowly missed it. But it could have been very close. Anyway, heading south now to AMA for that steak on Brian!

I did not chase this day in real life.

Was able to get the Happy, TX tornado which I would consider lucky.

Bob and I were able to witness this beautiful tornado. Wish we could have actually been there.

Just got back from my gig a little while ago. Geeze, I missed all the action from the time we hit Texhoma and I handed you the wheel. Great call, Kurt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back