11/14/05 (late)-11/15/05 NOW: Midwest-Mississippi Valley

The warm front continues to surge northward... It is now extending from the surface low near SPI -- then swinging northeast into northwest OH -- with strongly backed surface flow along and south of the boundary. I would expect more severe thunderstorms and tornadoes to spill further into the IWX CWA during the next couple of hours...

There are several potentially-tornadic supercells to the southwest of KIND and rapidly pushing northeast... With the storms near Bloomfield potentially impacting the city by 5PM.

Benton, KY...Major damage reported by tornado.
'

I would have been surprised if there WASN'T a tornado with that storm when it was near Benton. That supercell had a VERY persistent, large, and strong mesocyclone, even as seen on Tilt 1.

Benton, KY...Major damage reported by tornado.

That's where the meso looked to be cycling through......two circulations....one right after another, about 1/2 hour ago. Yikes.....

EDIT: FOr some others with better experience, I've seen sometimes in the past where SRMV sometimes accidentally "overlap" when updating on the DuPage site, so it looks like two images instead of one.....is this a possibility? Or was I seeing what I thought I was seeing earlier with that Benton Cell???

Two impressive storms in nw TN. Would be surprised it northern one isn't producing a tornado.

Just heard over the scanner that the Benton tornado is half-mile wide multiple vortex and STILL on the ground

Also widespread hail reports in Memphis on the north, NE, and east side. 1" hail in Bartlett, Fraiser, and 1.75" hail at Wolfchase Galleria mall at intersection of I-40 and Germantown PKwy

NW Tennessee...perhaps the best indicators of a tornado of all storms. It sure looks like theres a serious tornado on the ground there!!

Also, Indianapolis has excellent shear with the lowest level winds shifting even more Easterly over the past 30 minutes. I expect an enhance tornado threat over and to the East of INDY in the next 30 minutes or so.

Check out that storm in TN.

Originally posted by HAltschule
NW Tennessee...perhaps the best indicators of a tornado of all storms. It sure looks like theres a serious tornado on the ground there!!

Also, Indianapolis has excellent shear with the lowest level winds shifting even more Easterly over the past 30 minutes. I expect an enhance tornado threat over and to the East of INDY in the next 30 minutes or so.

the cell in henry county?

WREG just put the SPC MD page live on the air to show that new Tornado watch will be needed.

Spotters earlier reported tornado on the ground in Madison Co. Tenn which includes the town of Jackson, TN

Also that deadly cell in western kentucky is very impressive on radar,
OH Check out CNN

Originally posted by HAltschule

That couplet in Henry county, ne of Paris, is incredible. It's very small compared to some others so far, but it's very intense. Amazing.

Back