11/14/05 (late)-11/15/05 NOW: Midwest-Mississippi Valley

2nd line going through south IL, tor warnings for WILLIAMSON...UNION AND JOHNSON counties, funnel spotted by trained spotter

Lots of poeple

FYI...
I just noticed
In total there are 122 users online :: 34 Registered, 11 Hidden and 77 Guests

Lots of people are reading this thread.

My friend just came by the trailer park down there in the Benton area of Western KY. Trailers destroyed...pieces in the roadway - lot of emergency vehicles. Businesses damaged in Benton, Kentucky.

So far no reports of damage in Paducah.

repost from another forum

Forgive the vanity, but this hasn't even hit the news networks yet. My mother just called from the shores of Kentucky Lake in Marshall Co. Kentucky. All the homes she can walk to are flattened. She said she could see all the way across the Lake inlet because there wasn't a tree left standing. A tornado has been confirmed to be on the ground in Benton, Ky. Possible damage to Marshall Co High School. Severe damage and the narrow roads now blocked by trees are hampering EMS response. My 50 year old mother is digging through debris while my grandmother sits by the cell phone and answers anxious calls from family. Several family members have not check in yet.

Originally posted by CHris Whitehead
Just heard over the scanner that the Benton tornado is half-mile wide multiple vortex and STILL on the ground

Also widespread hail reports in Memphis on the north, NE, and east side. 1\" hail in Bartlett, Fraiser, and 1.75\" hail at Wolfchase Galleria mall at intersection of I-40 and Germantown PKwy

That must be a monster.

The storm that moved through Marshall co, KY, through the town of Benton, etc has been incredible. Awesome low-level meso when it was in Marshall county, then it appears as though it occluded as another meso developed to it's south as it moved through Benton. The meso with the same storm, located just sw of Madisonville KY, is VERY intense. I wouldn't be surprise dto see a couple of >30 mile long tornadoes with this storm.

That storm S of Bloomington is very impressive with long lasting rotation of +90kts G2G. If it shifts a little north Nashville, IN may be in trouble.

Tornado reported on the ground southwest of the town of Columbus, Kentucky, moving east at 50 mph. The town of Mayfield is in the direct path of this tornado. And then the storm is going to head in the general direction of Benton, which just got obliterated a short time ago. The storm has incredible radar presentation and a neat little shear couplet with it. Another nasty, potentially tornadic cell with a developing hook echo has just crossed the Mississippi and is headed towards Paducah. It is a very grim situation.

Another 100 knt couplet very near Madisonville (Hopkins Co), KY. Sigh. Watching this unfold and hearing these reports, I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. I've never seen anything like this. And I just feel enormously helpless, as I know homes are being destroyed and people killed, and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Originally posted by George Tincher
Another 100 knt couplet very near Madisonville (Hopkins Co), KY. Sigh. Watching this unfold and hearing these reports, I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. I've never seen anything like this. And I just feel enormously helpless, as I know homes are being destroyed and people killed, and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

The couplet was nearly right on top of Earlington, KY and then very close to Madisonville, KY. I wouldn't be terribly suprised if some damage reports come in.

Edit: Im terribly impressed with that cell nearing Nashville, IN. I just checked and it has had a large couplet of 90-100kts g2g in all scans except one for the last sixty minutes.

Back