11/14/05 (late)-11/15/05 NOW: Midwest-Mississippi Valley

Had reports from friends that the first round of storms that went through Terre Haute, IN and have since moved on towards Indy did very little damage-wise from Terre Haute to Brazil, IN. However, their local TV stations are saying this next round could be quite damaging...

Tornado Warning dropped for Terra Haute storm and SVR-Warn has replaced it; storm looks to be bowing and will likely be a massive wind producer in town as it moves through.

anyone else having trouble getting the Memphis NQA radar to update? Its stuck on 2150Z and wont update on cod. Anyone else or just me?

Mesoscale discussion for IN/OH/MI tristate area.

Here it comes Nick G .

I am near Cinci Ohio still ahead of the line of storms, nothing fire ahead of the line. Looks like a night time event for most of ohio.

--
Tom Hanlon

Itb appears many of the storms that created so many problems over KY have either weakened or moved out of the state. Hopefully this trend will continue. Still some potent storms in TN though.

What do you folks think? Is there a danger of more isolated cells firing ahead of the main batch of storms in KY/TN? Or do you see these storms start to merge, congeal into a line and race off to the E?

With so many storms training the air will start to cool I think the trend will have to be for storms to continue to line up and become a damaging wind threat. BUT even with these storms lined up breif spin-ups will still be possible within the lines.

It's pretty obvious that the severe mode is quickly transitioning to linear rather than supercellular. So, although some tornadoes may be reported, it looks like wind damage from a line should become the main threat soon.

Alright, its about time for Nashville, TN to start battening down the hatches.
Anyone remember the Nashville tornado a few years ago? That thing was a monster.

Can anyone give me updates as to why the radars on COD arent updating?

The supercell that has traversed north of I40 and is now in Montgomery county TN persists with a very strong mesocyclone. Another very strong meso is located in southern Carroll county -- nearly exactly where the previous supercell was located an hour or so ago. Wouldn't be surprised to see tornadoes with both of those.

It should transition over to linear mode fairly soon. It'll start get getting dark momentarily so a small bit of stabilization should start to occur. May still be an isolated cell or two ahead of the line. I'll be much happier when it does transition over.
Angie

Has anyone heard from any chasers? I thought there were going to be at least a few Stormtrack members out on the hunt today...

Maybe they were all smart and realized they wouldn't be able to keep up with the storms...or that so many storms moving that quickly could be quite dangerous. But I too am surprised there is no "Reports" thread.

Back