11/14/05 (late)-11/15/05 NOW: Midwest-Mississippi Valley

My chaser here in Norman that I chase with just got off the phone w/ his brother in Paducah and he reports extensive damage in Paducah, widespread damage.

I have doubts about this? I have people there and nobody is reporting this?

Are you sure?

I think there might be a tornado on the ground, or at least tornadogenesis just due NW of Memphis, TN, not very far away.....Just look at the SRV..Also looks like an appendage is coming off near Memphis......

That meso was on the ground for quite a while WSW as it approached Paducah.....it would not be surprising at all to hear of some damage reports around the north side of Paducah.

Also watching the cell near Memphis for further development.

EDIT: Check out the two circulations SE of Paducah training one another.....a meso cycling through??

634 strikes per minute on First Defense Doppler 3 radar out of Memphis.

Also, the appendenge you were mentioning on the north side of the city, if you look at the velocity, that is straight line winds, a mini-bow.

New tornado warning just issued as im typing for Lee Co. Arkansas. Currently there is a tornado warning for St. Francis Co. in Arkansas still in effect.

my connection isint good but on the live streaming from WREG, is that a wall cloud they are showing live?

Yup, looks like one. Good storms starting to form WSW of Memphis. Could get very interesting for the Memphis metro pretty soon.

Gabe

WREG is Memphis, and they are located on the Miss River just almost on I-55
Tim Simpson is on live, very good personal friend of mine.

Reports from the Paducah scanner that a tornado possibly hit the slaughter (spelling?) road area.

Responders radioed back that the road was completly impassable

Am also listening to the PD radio and they just paged out numerous fire and EMS rescue sqauds to respond to some trailer park that has taken a hit near some cemetery (sorry I didnt catch the name). Think I heard Marshall in the traffic. Dont know the town names in that area.

The storm headed for Indianapolis continues to show strong indication that it is or could produce a Tornado. It is pretty clean to its south and should stay that way until atleast it passes indianapolis :?

Perhaps it will slide just to the North of the metro area

Back