11/14/05 (late)-11/15/05 NOW: Midwest-Mississippi Valley

Very much liking the storm in southern IL (near Marion) at the moment... There are two strong low-level mesocyclones within this storm -- one being right over Marion, with the other being between Pittsburg and Thompsonville. This could also do the trick...

Nice BWER associated with that New Madrid storm, as strong rotation continues. Two seperate strong couplets up in Williamson county, IL. The New Medrid storm looks like it'll pass very close to the KPAH radar in an hour or so. Strong rotation continues with the Obion Co, TN storm as well (north of Dyer co.). Union City appears to be in the path of this supercell, though I'm not sure how big of a town that one is.

A rather quick upswing in reflectivity has been seen with many of these storms. Most importantly, I think, has been the increase in reflectivities in the mid-upper levels. Most of the convection had had very weak reflectivities above 20-25kft, though that is changing rapidly.

WOW, that one in S. Illinois is most impressive of them all and very discrete. Folks this one could be it. We could have a monster on our hands. Its as massive as May 3rd.

Storm sw of Paducah, KY and just east of Sikeston, MO showing strong couplet at various levels on Weathertap storm relative velocity.

WOW, that one in S. Illinois is most impressive of them all and very discrete. Folks this one could be it. We could have a monster on our hands. Its as massive as May 3rd.

Huh? Are you talking about the cell just now entering IL, or what?

I don't really see anything that impressive on radar as of yet.

I assume he was talking about the Hamilton co. storm, which has a VERY large low-level mesocyclone. Reflecitivity imagery is messy with that storm, but velocities are very nice.

I'd expect to see a tornado warning for the Obion co, TN storm any time.

I assume he was talking about the Hamilton co. storm, which has a VERY large low-level mesocyclone. Reflecitivity imagery is messy with that storm, but velocities are very nice.

Yeah, I was looking at BREF at the time of that post, then switched to SR and seen the couplet. Looking at the upper levels of the storm, it actually looks pretty ogranized up there, and I would suspect the lower half to shape up pretty soon...

I'd expect to see a tornado warning for the Obion co, TN storm any time.

A little delay in getting it out but it looks like they made up for it with two warnings...

Incredible tilts on these storms...I was making cross sections with wdssii here at the lab and that storm in Mississippi Co MO had a BWER tilt of around 50-60 degrees (if not more)!

Good grief - look at SRM Velocity Radar out of Paducah ... someone may want to go out to see if the radar is still standing in a few minutes ...

PAH.gif

Give that radar an hour and it might not be, Mike! Although it looks like the track of the New Madrid Cell is going to pass to the NW of the site.

These sups are just getting their act together......what will we see for damage reports when they're to full-strength?

Back