First 2006 high risk

and it is today!

...THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF SVR TSTMS FOR THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING
ACROSS PARTS OF CENTRAL/NRN MO INTO SERN IA AND PARTS OF WRN/CENTRAL
IL...

Yup it is here.

...SIGNIFICANT OUTBREAK OF TORNADOES IS FORECAST THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING ACROSS PARTS OF THE LOWER MO AND MID MS RIVER VALLEYS...

For chasers...good luck and stay safe. For civilians...be in the basement when the wedge comes through! :shock:

I haven't even finished putting the products for Nov. 15, 2005 up on my site!

Wow! I expected a high risk today based on the high end SWODY 2, but I certainly did not expect that it would include Des Moines in 30% hatched. I looked back through the posts in this thread and before yesterday nobody had guessed today. Most of the posts guessed May or April and those who did guess March, had it placed somewhere near the Gulf Coast which would seem logical. It seems a little early for this sort of event so far north. Of coarse the high risk for today is at about the same latitude of the Hesston 'Outbreak'. Good luck to anyone chasing tomorrow, and I pray there will not be any fatalities today.

For the person who asked in the Map Room thread about tomorrow (technically today now :) ), the last March high risk was 3/4/2004-not that long ago. It was mainly a squall line event across Texas and southern Oklahoma. There were tornadic supercells embedded in the squalll line but they were rain-wrapped and non-photogenic.

Back