First 2006 high risk

Hmmm....

I was way off last year, so I'm gonna earlier in my prediction.

April 17th, North Texas/Oklahoma Panhandle/SW Kansas.

Nowhere. I don't think we'll see a high risk this year. Then again, I just spent ten minutes on the NWS drought outlook page, so my view is currently askew.

I am thinking maybe ... April 5. Location: Ohio Valley... outside of New Albany, Indiana (close to where I live.)

high risk

There will be three High Risk outlooks this year.

April 17, most of Oklahoma, part of northern Texas.
May 3, northern Kansas and southern Nebraska
May 4, eastern Iowa and Western Illinois.

The KC area has a hot history, so I'll throw my vote in for that area too. April 30 for NE KS, NW MO, SE NE, SW IA... to open up May for us.

I'm going to say I don't know when the first high risk will be. I'm also going to say that SDS makes us chasers do some very silly things (like trying to predict the future). Finally I will say that I'm rather embarassed to have participated in this thread last year. :oops:

Originally posted by Bryce Stone
I'm going to say I don't know when the first high risk will be. I'm also going to say that SDS makes us chasers do some very silly things (like trying to predict the future). Finally I will say that I'm rather embarassed to have participated in this thread last year. :oops:

LOL, geez man, have a little fun, huh? I will say June 3rd SE WI to NE OK, it will be a derecho event.

Considering recent years, there's no way in the world this will happen.

May 25, I-35 corridor and eastward in Texas and Oklahoma.

That is the first day of scheduled vacation. If it doesn't happen on the 25th, then Nature is free to do whatever it wants through June 2. I'll be ready and waiting.

MP

Back