The Next 'BIG ONE'!

Will OKC Be Hit By An F4 or F5 This Year Between April 26th and May 6th?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Bill Tabor+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Tabor)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kevin Bowman
its a bit ridicouls to even say a tornado will hit inside OKC city limitis this year let alone a violent tornado between certain dates

Well I'm not saying it's really scientific. Just a hunch, a feeling. Of course I'm probably wrong, but I just wonder if any others have a feeling on this. That said, stats show that it isn't unreasonable for OKC to get a torn and this is it's peak period that often gets hit. Combine that with possible La Nina potential. Yeah it's a reach - but thinking about it keeps the SDS away and that's what it's all about in February right?[/b]

i think its just excitment over the new season after a absolutley dreadful 05 season

Originally posted by Chris Lott
Not to change the subject but I was watching It Could Happen Tomorrowthe other night on The Weather Channel about an F-5 hitting Dallas, and I have to say that I think one will hit OKC alot sooner than one will ever hit Dallas. And another thing, why do they call that show It Can Happen Tomorrow? If it's 25 degrees outside and snow on the ground I think a tornado is highly unlikely. They're meteorologists, they should know better LOL :lol: But seriously, I've looked over the whole La Nina event and it depicts more of the south(Tennessee,Kentucky,Alabama,etc) having a banner year. But like others have said 1999 was a La Nina year. I guess you just have to wait and see, but yeah, OKC is overdue. It Could Happen---In May!

hahaha, whenever i see a commerical for that show im like, sure it could but i gaurentee it wont. It has to be the dumbest name for a show ive heard since "emilys reasons why not"

Originally posted by Kevin Bowman
its a bit ridicouls to even say a tornado will hit inside OKC city limitis this year let alone a violent tornado between certain dates

I totally agree. I think Wichita gets it this year, maybe south side of Kansas City. (Johnson County) Of course, I hope it doesn't, as these cities know the magnitude of what a tornado can do to it's community. Let's hope tornadoes this year are all in open fields, and casualties and injuries of 06 are set to a minimum.

well given last MAY 05 OK results, I guess maybe its possible, though would it be safe to say we are gonna see storms moving a little more south-east from the reading Ive done here on ST?

I'm not betting any money on it. I do want to dabble in severe wx climatology so I hope to be up on this when it does look probable. Right now, I'm thinking this May will be like last May for OK.

Back