MISSOURI
IOWA
INDIANA
OHIO
MINNISOTA

EFFECTIVE THIS SPRING AND SUMMER FROM 1201 AM MAY 01 2005 UNTIL
1159 PM JUNE 31 2005 EDT.

SPRING HAS HEREBY BEEN CANCELLED.

DISCUSSION...LARGE CANADIAN AIR MASS AS INVADED THE CENTRAL UNITED STATES AND OBJECTIVE ANALYSIS OF OUR EXPERIEMENTAL SUPER LONG RANGE GFS (AVAILABLE ONLY WITHIN THE NOAA DOMAIN) INDICATES THAT THE COLD AIR MASS WILL REMAIN ENTRENCHED IN THE CENTRAL PART OF THE US UNTIL THE END OF THE JUNE PERIOD.. AT THAT TIME IT APPEARS ONE OF THE LARGEST SUMMER RIDGES SEEN SINCE WE HAVE BEEN KEEPING RECORDS WILL PUSH THE COLD AIR MASS TO THE EAST AND FIRMLY ENTRENCH ITSELF OVER THE PLAINS.

THE END RESULT IS THAT BELOW SEASONAL TEMPS WITH EXTENSIVE CLOUD COVER WILL BE THE FLAVOR FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAINS STATES THROUGH THE END OF JUNE, FOLLOWED BY RECORD HIGH TEMPS AND DRY CONDITIONS. THUNDERSTORMS ARE OUT OF THE QUESTION ACROSS THE ENTIRE AFFECTED AREA FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS.

IT IS ADVISED THAT ALL STORM CHASERS CONTEMPLATING CHASING THIS YEAR GIVE UP AND GO BACK TO YOUR DAY JOBS.

EDWARDS

;310,0802 284,0851 301,0860 324,0812;

"May 1st, and we still are having frost advisories and freeze warnings. This sucks!"

Most locations don't start issuing frost/freeze bulletins until May 1st since growing season doesn't really get underway til now.

WOW

Albeit not real...that has to be the most DEPRESSING looking Public weather statement I have EVER seen ;)

After looking at that, I feel like I just awoke from a nightmare!! ;) ;)

I think when most of us think of "real" spring starting we think of May 1.

Balderdash! Spring started April 10th, however spring ended April 11th, for we went backwards into Winter.... which continues to date.... then by Mid May we will rapidly swing into Summer and the end of chasing 2005. Sorry, all tornadoes have been seen this season.

:lol:

Mike U

GOOD NEWS PLAINSMEN!

MAY 1st
at 11:00 am today we had the 1st thunderstorm of the year here in Panguitch UTAH and it was a doozie - pounding and cracking -
maaaaaybe this will creep up on you somewhere in OK in a couple days?

then again it is thunder mountain here so dont get your hopes up too much!!!!!

David, you forgot Wisconsin in there!

And New Mexico, but in these mountains, we get no spring anyway. Our four seasons are winter, winter, winter, and rain.

And Illinois. :wink: As much as I know you plain folk hate to mention that -other- state.

I attended an airshow this weekend at which I normally spend time looking for s shady spot to sit and keep cool...today, I brought a sweatshirt, long pants, and was still cold. Temps hit a balmy 50F...but, there was also a 30 mph wind added into that.

Yes....it's the middle of Autumn and it's getting up to 75 degrees tomorrow 8). Seriously, though, the chilly weather in the plains is a real bugger!

Well, taking a look into the model world...we see temps of the 70-80F type returning to the midwest by this weekend. Dew points back to 70 into Iowa and Wisconsin. Now, im not saying this is going to remain 100% the same...but, better weather is surely on it's way.

Sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone out of the extended winter forecast. heh

Our forecast here on the south plains for the next couple of days, we won't even breach 60F!! :shock: Cloudy, gloomy, and maybe a bit wet.

But, if the GFS verifies the story should be quite different out here come saturday!! Gonna be miserable working on the chase van the next couple of days! :x

It never got out of the 40s today, but since the trees have their leaves, I kept thinking it was October or something. Then, I saw some tulips (tulips don't bloom in October!), so that snapped me back to reality. I was about to start surfing channels, looking for a football game.

Our Hazardous Weather Outlook for STL today:

AREAS OF FROST ARE EXPECTED AGAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT AS LOW TEMPERATURES
FALL INTO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE NEEDED THROUGH TONIGHT.

:( :( :(

Back