Chase Case #9

lol - I was in the middle of typing my response when I happened to look at the latest data and see that this one is now in the history books ... sorry I didn't get back in time for the last update ... my target was KC to Lawrence, so it didn't matter much I see - ha. Good case choice!

LOL, I ended up in SE Kansas that day in reality. I guess this means I really haven't learned much in the past seven years.

Thanks for the chase case Scott - seemed to have a cluster of chasers set on TX/OK, and the other set on KS/MO; interesting case.

Always hard to tell exactly how well I did since I have no reference (having no prior chase experience) of how long it takes to traverse the interstates/roads in the Plains/Midwest compared to storm longevity/direction. My next move would have been to continue punching northeast out of Springfield, MO up I-44 to St.Loius, MO - how long it would have taken me to do that at 18Z compared to when the storms started firing at 4-4:30 I do not know =p.

EDIT - I also liked how you posted the results; singling out those chasers who had success and telling it in a story-like manner.

BTW both Nick & Gabe witnessed Mariginally severe storms with penny size hail as ascent became stronger across MO around 21z

Michael P. Morris is the first on the cell, quickly crossing the river. Next, Jeff Snyder quickly traverses I-35 arriving just minutes after Michael.
Kurt Hulst takes highway 13 and arrives ten minutes after Jeff.

That's incorrect... In a rabid attempt at being the first on the scene, Michael put Maalox in my drink as we sat and waited for initiation. In revenge, I performed the PIT maneuver to gain the lead and beat Michael to the storm by 3 seconds. Wahoo! :lol:

Back