6/4/05 TALK: Central Plains

Im currently at Flying J's in Emporia, noticed that SPC has a MCD issued... will sit here for a while.. if you're in the area stop by..

I'm still in ICT... Sitting at a Comfort Inn, right off I-35 -- with excellent wi-fi. Feel free to stop by, plenty of other chases here. I'll probably stick around for a little longer....

Yay.. I'm still sitting at Emporia watching radar... there's a few other chasers here int he parking lot.. dunno if it's any of you.. one is in a black jeep wih Skywarn stickers on it and a few antenna's...

emporia

It has been mentioned before, but anyone in Emporia, please be very, very careful about heading NE on the turnpike. You could get trapped with no exit very easily.

Sitting on a hill top just north of Topeka - cells to my north are going up fast though visibility is not that great...good luck everyone

for anyone playing the southern option... wichita falls metar currently showing t/td of 93/77 :shock: plus new MD out all along the dryline in ok/tx, could get rather interesting here later as well

Felt kinda lazy today, so a friend and I are sitting up here working in Norman...liked the latest MD from the SPC for the area considering we had been talking the same talk for a while :D Cu field looking excellent around ICT right now and hopefully the one here in OK starts to look a little better (though it is impressing me so far given its persistence.

Good Luck!

UPDATE--About an hour ago 100 knot embedded jet max moved over the Vici profiler...tried to see if it popped up on LMN and it didn't seem too...from the flow direction that streak should move right over Wichita...would expect to see some intial shots at storms any time now in the ICT area

There is some healthy CU around ICT, especially off to my east. The winds in ICT are still SSE, I still want to see a bit more backing...

At the Topeka library. Watching cell formation N and W of here, but some tops have blown off pretty quickly; think cap is still too strong. Will probly head W to get better visibility and hit SW end of Sw-Ne oriented boundary as evident on radar. Lovely waves moving in toward this feature.

Visibility looks likea big factor today. So very hazy and cluttered here.

Good luck & drive safely.

Originally posted by Will Watkins
for anyone playing the southern option... wichita falls metar currently showing t/td of 93/77 :shock: plus new MD out all along the dryline in ok/tx, could get rather interesting here later as well

Some of us are. :wink: Things are pretty unstabe down here! We'll see what happens.

Back