1st season frost August 31 - can anyone top this?

bill mudd

EF4
I think I live in the coldest town in America already in the mid 30's at night can anyone top this or locate a colder reading for this time of the year?
Im in Panguitch Utah at 6600 feet

I remember August 31, 1964, my first day of high school in Vermont. I had to walk a mile and a half to the school bus stop. It was the first killing frost of the season, in the upper 20s.

Had you both beat here in Grand Forks, ND (~800 asl) last summer where there was successive days of frost during the third week of August. I remember a daytime dewpoint of 37F which shocked me given the robust vegetation. Snow on May 1 this year to finish off the NoDak winter.

Had you both beat here in Grand Forks, ND (~800 asl) last summer where there was successive days of frost during the third week of August. I remember a daytime dewpoint of 37F which shocked me given the robust vegetation. Snow on May 1 this year to finish off the NoDak winter.

yes the summer of 2004 was incredibly cool in the upper midwest, i remember daytime highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s for weeks from late july though august

aug 11th had a high of 62

==========================================

September 3

Lows: 30 at Gulkana, Alaska (contiguous 48 states: 31 at Hibbing, Minn.) as of 8:00 a.m. ET
High:

September 2

Lows: 19 at Healy, Alaska (contiguous 48 states: 21 at Bondurant, Wyo.)
High:.114 at Death Valley, Calif.

September 1

Lows: 16 at Anaktuvuk Pass, Alaska (contiguous 48 states: 20 at West Yellowstone, Mont.)
High: 114 at Death Valley, Calif.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/wext.htm

I live near Leadville, Colorado which is 10,152 feet above sea level. We can have frosts all year. I remember one year when it snowed on the 4th of July. We even watched the fireworks in the snow. :lol: As for this year, we have had a lot of frosts during the summer. We had 28F on June 28th, 32F on July 29th, 30F on August 17th, and 29F on August 19th. Everynight has been below freezing here since August 29th. This has actually been one of our warmer summers too. We have had 17F in June, and 23F in July and August. I am sure there are colder places but frosts are common here throughout the summer (and I hate cold :lol: ).

I live near Leadville, Colorado which is 10,152 feet above sea level. We can have frosts all year. I remember one year when it snowed on the 4th of July.

Hey I used to live in Nederland, a little lower. House was around 9,000 ft. But we too had snow on the 4th one year!

When I lived in Bozeman, MT during the first grade, it snowed so much on my birthday (August 8 ) that we could build a snowman! 8)

well you guys definately beat what I thought was a low here in Utah near Bryce Canyon (32 degrees on the 30th of August)
NOW what about LOWS?
I heard about a -40 here in 1972 (dont know the month) can anyone top that in the 48 continues states? - its heresay until I can look into it (panguitch UTAH)
I know that Gunnerson Co is a cold place too. Are we in agreement that its maybe the coldest?

Back