"Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley" Season 2 - French Series !

As an aside, where do you get the music you use on the soudntrack?

I use a production music library (Audio Network) so I can find quality tracks fited for editing (several mix of each track with different lengths and instruments are available). But it take quite some time to find the perfect sound for every episode segment!

I paid a subscription to be able to download any music and have the rights to distribute them for the whole series, but you can also buy one song at a time. This company has an US branch if you want to take a closer look at the conditions. I don't know if they're the same than here. http://us.audionetwork.com/

Thank you for sharing your amazing episodes with our community. Powerful video work, calm demeanor, just amazing. You capture the intensity and passion of the interface between chaser and prey in the most compelling manner.

I recently watched the El Reno episode. As usual, amazing episode. I wish this could be shown on American television for the general public. I enjoyed seeing the El Reno tornado from a different perspective than I observed it earlier from near the airport. I am glad that you showed a wide-angle view with tornado and storm structure. Wow! Thank you for all the hard work in producing this great series.

Bill Hark
http://www.harkphoto.com

I just wanted to echo what others here have said...this series is amazing and everything I think a storm chase documentary should be. The photography, video, and production are all top notch! After watching a few episodes I couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen you guys this past season. Upon looking through some of my wife's photos it turns out I was right. We pulled up just behind you guys on May 26th as the LP was being lit by the setting sun. Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing your chase with us.
-Ryan Chase Day 6 (5-26-13) 187.jpg

I've finally managed to finish the subtitles for you to fully enjoy our ninth episode! I must say I'm inspired by Mister Vince Gilligan's work each time we get to the southern plains, so here's an homage through this "Breaking Bad" episode!

SEASON 2 EPISODE 9 : "BREAKING BAD"

Watch video >

As usual, all criticisms are welcome!

I just wanted to echo what others here have said...this series is amazing and everything I think a storm chase documentary should be. The photography, video, and production are all top notch! After watching a few episodes I couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen you guys this past season. Upon looking through some of my wife's photos it turns out I was right. We pulled up just behind you guys on May 26th as the LP was being lit by the setting sun. Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing your chase with us.
-Ryan View attachment 8245

Thank you for your kind words and for the picture! I remember that moment indeed! By the way, I hope we didn't bothered you too much by putting tripods everywhere, haha.

Fun stuff, well done as always.

Looking at the SPC reports for that day, looks like there was some significant straight line wind damage that took place with those storms!\

Side note, where did you get the "lightning trigger" on the camera? I hadn't heard of that before, how does it work? Was it effective for you?

Yes Chris, there were several reports of gusts in excess of 70MPH in the area. And 84MPH west of Lubbock. It wouldn't surprise me if it was even greater on our position, considering the damages we witnessed.

About the lightning trigger, this is a product created by a French amateur a few years ago for. A lot of chasers in France have bought this one and it works very well. Julien got all the lightning from the episode thumbnail thanks to it. The website is here : http://www.radio-cb-services.com/DETECTEUR-D-ECLAIRS.html, but it doesn't ship to the US anyway... I'm pretty sure other lightning triggers work as well as this one though.

I don't have one yet myself but I think this is better to use long exposure as soon as you can open for a few seconds at least. 'Cause sometimes the trigger won't be quick enough, or will miss the first streamers.

Well done again. I noticed you do excellent time lapses in the series. Do you do them taking a pic every 3-5 secs or is it video that is speed up?

Back