"Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley" Season 2 - French Series !

This is an every-other year trip indeed, because of how it is time and money consuming, especially when you spend months editing videos afterwards like I do. We'll be back in 2015 then!

People here often wonder how people in the mid-west can live with the permanent tornado threat. It's not easy to explain and show them how much it really impacts the populations and how it is handled. But I hope our series gives some clues about that.

Now that might make for an interesting episode. Showing how the average French citizen reacts to what they are seeing and then you explaining to them how populations and governments respond to severe Wx here.

And would suggest Rendez-Vous in Central Europe as well, to show storms also can occur inside Europe, although that takes far more luck and intuition due to smaller frequency and worse availability of weather data.

Maybe it has been said on earlier posts, but this work qualifies very easy to be presented on specialized networks (like Discoveries, Canal D, and many others). World class series, congrats to the team and the editor.

And would suggest Rendez-Vous in Central Europe as well, to show storms also can occur inside Europe, although that takes far more luck and intuition due to smaller frequency and worse availability of weather data.

We're eager to chase in Europe this year but making a whole series here is not that easy. Because chasing on European roads is not that easy. And way more expensive! I'll make some videos whenever it will be possible though!

Now that might make for an interesting episode. Showing how the average French citizen reacts to what they are seeing and then you explaining to them how populations and governments respond to severe Wx here.

It's not really what the series is about but that would be an interesting subject for an other documentary indeed.

Maybe it has been said on earlier posts, but this work qualifies very easy to be presented on specialized networks (like Discoveries, Canal D, and many others). World class series, congrats to the team and the editor.

Thank You! I think the major issue with that is we're french and american networks don't really care about foreign language speaking shows. Especially when they already have tons of american footage thrown onto their desks every year. I might be wrong but this is my educated guess.

Chrisophe another excellent episode there. I love all the creatitive shots and compilation with music. I get more impressed with each episode. Looking forward to the final one. Also I wanted to ask you if you ever use any filters on your lenses for video and if so what one do you use most. Also what seems to be your go to lenses in chase mode?

I binge-watched the whole series today and it's the best storm chasing series I've seen! As Skip Talbot said, no manufactured drama, no stupid sound effects, just real storm chasing and beautiful imagery of all kinds of weather. Congratulations!

And it's great having it on Youtube--I watched the whole thing via my Chromecast on the big screen and it looked great looked great!

John
www.johnhuntington.photography

Finally! I finally found the time to edit the last episode of our season 2. It wasn't easy with the beginning of chasing season in France, but here it is. Hope you'll enjoy it between two chases in Nebraska.

SEASON 2 EPISODE 11 (finale) : "DIX"

Watch video >

Must've felt really good to catch a tornado like that on your last day of the season. I can't say I've ever been that lucky on my "last day" of a season.

The episodes were well-produced and very high quality in terms of content. Better than I've seen out of some Hollywood films. You guys should be very proud of what you accomplished.

I look forward to seeing future productions from you.

As always, I loved it. I've said it before and I will say it again, that production quality and editing is top notch. This is the best storm chasing series any of us in the states will ever get (without some serious embellishment and jaded timelines, of course). Hats of to you all, and best of luck in 2015!

Hear hear! Great finale to a great season. After 10 days on the road chasing myself (just got home last night) I loved the comment about "living the weather day and night".

John

Thank you again for all the nice comments!

This is the best storm chasing series any of us in the states will ever get (without some serious embellishment and jaded timelines, of course). Hats of to you all, and best of luck in 2015!

I'm sure there are some young talented people out there who will bring us some amazing chasing videos in the coming years! Story telling is the key in my opinion (as well as having a lot of free time to spend in the editing process obviously). Skip is very good at it too!

Thank you again for all the nice comments!

I'm sure there are some young talented people out there who will bring us some amazing chasing videos in the coming years! Story telling is the key in my opinion (as well as having a lot of free time to spend in the editing process obviously). Skip is very good at it too!

Extra points for modesty :D

Back