"Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley" Season 2 - French Series !

Loving it so far, and enjoying the journey through the storm season whether its success or bust. Agree with the others, the quality of production and footage is outstanding. I don't use the video much on my 7D but this may make me re-think that :)

I concur with others, this is an excellent depiction of storm chasing that I hope catches on. I think it shows what chasing is really about more than most programs I've seen. I wish I had the inspiration and time to do something like this, I know how much work must have gone into each episode.

Thank you guys! I'm really glad you enjoyed the episodes so far, especially as you're kind of used to see some of the best storms on earth each year! Soon it will deal with beautiful and close tornadoes and I think we have some really worth seeing footage of Moore, Bennington and El Reno events that you might want to take a look at. ;)

Excellent footage and production Christophe! Very well done and put together. Its good to see the different shots you take and when put together is very entertaining. I mostly focus on tornado footage and lose sight on everything that leads up to the tornado. Goes to show you can have a great production even with out a tornado. Well done.

Excellent work so far. Love the amount of poduction yall put into this. You know exactly what kinds of shots you want and how to get them. Shows good preplanning and professional film milking. Keep em coming!

Here comes episode 3!

SEASON 2 EPISODE 3 : "RECOVERY"

Watch video >

Please comment and share if you like :)

Excellent work so far. Love the amount of poduction yall put into this. You know exactly what kinds of shots you want and how to get them. Shows good preplanning and professional film milking. Keep em coming!

Tell me about it! More than one year of preplanning! :)
Sometimes it's really hard to make some shots during the beginning of the chase when you just wanna rest or focus on forecasting, but I think it eventually worths doing it for a nice story telling afterwards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Christophe - thanks for sharing this. Your webseries is really impressive. The dialogue is interesting and the shots are just beautiful.

In terms of May 18th, misery loves company - I also chose poorly, opting to leave Greensburg for the linear mess near Coldwater instead of heading north to the Rozel storm. Ouch.

Keep them coming - I'm looking forward to le prochain episode!

Excellent work, Christophe and companions. Besides your excellent compositional photographic skills, I also appreciate the honest emotions that vary between the excitement of 'harmless' open field tornadoes and those like Moore. That was excellent coverage of the Moore storm in particular.

What an impressive series. If I were focused on video rather than stills, Rendez-Vous would be the benchmark by which I'd judge my own content. Put another way, this is exactly what the Discovery show should have been: professional enough for broad appeal to the general public, yet accurate and storm-focused enough to satisfy hardcore chasers. Keep it up!

Thank you Brett! You really got the point : making a show that is as appealing for general public as it can be for experienced chasers!
We would be pleased to so with a Discovery Channel budget if they hear you, haha.

Back