I think I'm gonna scream...

Originally posted by Andy Wehrle
Personally I couldn't care less about a 975MB cyclone wrapping up unless said cyclone has plenty of moisture and CAPE in the warm sector! Otherwise it just means another unpleasant, windy day.

Hey, don't hate just because we had more snow! :lol:

No, but really, I am fascinated by ALL apsects of meteorology, provided that we at least get SOMETHING interesting, whether it's severe thunderstorms, blizzards, ice storms, or a significant wind storms... I find that it keeps me busy and relieves SDS...

A slight ray of hope...

CPC sez:

There are indications, which must be considered somewhat uncertain this far ahead, from most of the recent GFS model runs that the pattern might be starting to change during this period, with an increasing tendency for troughing over the West or the Great Plains...

...rrrrgh...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...gasp...almost there...

:)

I agree with Jeff... Keep the trough in the east, and then by the time the pattern reverses, it will be good enough to pump some instability northward, and the days will be longer. Leave winter as it is through March, then bring on spring with a western trough/eastern ridge. Trough in the west would mean a greater chance for some strong energy to round that said trough, and come up negatively tilted through the plains, into the moisture/instability which it would have pumped northward.

As for CDC, looking at the medium range teleconnections, particularly NAO, would suggest that the eastern trough will hold, if not intensify, before a ridge begins to build in by April (most likely). HPC says we are stuck with winter for at least the next 7 days in the northeast...

How is the gulf doing? I know early last spring a couple major arctic intrusions went all the way through the gulf down to the Yucatan. I don't recall anything that extreme early this season so maybe that will make for quicker moisture recoveries early on?

Back