CHASE PARTNER THREAD for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all costs- DFW was as low as $400, but has now gone up to almost $600. LBB might be an alternative but it is about $7-800 right now. I may end up going into LBB. AMA has no flights under $1000 that get in in time.

I was just joshing with you but I can see that. Of course figuring in fatigue you would NOT loose on the mad drive up the Highway to Heaven to AMA.

Seriously though, you would be surprised at the number of people that had no clue we actually have some good airports out here with jets and everything. And they are almost always NOT crowded.

Heads-up alert for people who have already planned chase vacations in May and June: I just noticed that Southwest Airlines http://www.southwest.com has some fantastic fares if you book today with 14-day advance purchase.

For example, I'm looking at $88 (R/T, plus taxes) from Phoenix to Denver. Hmmm? Is saving almost four full days of driving, plus car expenses, plus two nights accomodations worth $100 plus having to give up packing some heavy gear?

Hi, I am just updating my previous post for a chase partner. Several weeks ago I moved to South Central MN, and am looking for a new chase partner. I am looking for someone in the south central area or some where between the Twin Cities and far southern MN, Northern Iowa. So PM or email me if interested or would like more info on me.

Its all costs- DFW was as low as $400, but has now gone up to almost $600. LBB might be an alternative but it is about $7-800 right now. I may end up going into LBB. AMA has no flights under $1000 that get in in time.

I now am thinking of flying into Wichita Sunday. Saturday is too far west and too marginal right now for my liking- which means I can chase on Monday and Tues out of the OKC/OUN area if need be- if anyone in that area needs a partner I could be available.

If anybody's heading to SW WI tomorrow and will be passing through/near Stoughton on the way, I'd like to join up for a local chase. I can't drive but I can provide navigation assistance, a little gas money, and my own photography/video equipment.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Thanks,
Andy

looking for a chase partner

Hello-

I am looking for a chase partner for the 2007 season. I am looking to tag along help with gas etc. I live in the Kansas City area and hopefully could go with someone on 06-6-07 to NE or SD!! Thanks

PM me if someone needs a navigator, as I am pretty good as I travel for a living.

JC

Seeking Group for Next Several Days

Looking for several people who can chase the next several days -- preferably folks based within a few hours of Wichita. I have a Dodge Caravan, and can comfortably fit a total of 4-5 people.

I have most of the tech stuff -- it would be nice to have a ham along, though, as I haven't had time to get my license yet. But we'll have high-speed cell data, wi-fi, GRLevel3, weather radio, and a StormHawk -- plenty of data :rolleyes:

I have two people in Wichita that may come along, depending on work schedule. So at the moment, I'm looking for a max of two more...but could have room for four if they don't go.

PM Me if you're interested, or email [email protected]

Hello all,

I just returned from two week Plains chase vacation which was highly successful. I'm taking a new job (forecasting position) in Shawnee, KS, just outside KC and will be moving out there from the DC area in late June...will be looking for a full-time chase partner in the area. I usually drive and don't do much in the way in photography/filming...however this may change now that I'll be on the Plains year-round.

Send me a private message or an email: [email protected] or [email protected] if you are interested!

-Chris

LOOKING FOR CHASE PARTNERS FOR 2007-2008

I am from Norman, Oklahoma and I am looking for chase partners for the 2007-2008 chase season. About myself. I have been chasing mostly with ou metr graduate students since 1986. I myself have my undergraduate degree and have been accepted to the OU graduate college (Metr) since 2005 but have not yet attended .
I am a licensed amateur radio operator and monitor nws chase frequencies out in the field by the weather link . Besides the radio equipment, my vehicle is fully equiped for the chase. I have room for about 3 additional people besides myself. I would like to hear from interested persons. Please contact me.

Chase Partner for Fall '07

I am a college student in Northern Michigan, so I would love to have a partner for a few fall chases in the midwest, particularly tomorrow, Friday Oct 5, so please get in touch if you are interested!

Looking for chase partner(s) for '08

I am a new chaser looking for a chase partner or two for the 2008 chase season. I am from Fairfield; about 30 miles southeast of Hastings, or about 60 miles south southeast of Grand Island. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.

PS. Please correct me if I am going about this the wrong way, right now I feel as if I am writing a singles ad for the local paper. Also; I hope im not reapeating anything that has already been said

Thank you

Just a reminder to everyone, this is the Chase Partner thread for 2007. It will be deleted by the end of the year.

I will be starting a new one very soon for 2008.

Hi, if somone wants to chase with me in south dakota please let me know. ill be moving there in march, just in time for tornado season. if anyone wants to get togeather email me at my address in my profile. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back