CHASE PARTNER THREAD for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother-in-law lives in Bentonville, AR and is looking to partner up with an experienced chaser. He is willing to travel anywhere in NW Ark/SW MO, but he is an avid photographer and would really like to travel west into OK/KS for more photogenic storms. He is in it for the pictures, but he has GPS, laptop for WiFi spots, a Canon 10D, and would definitely be a driver. If you have interest, PM me and I will get you in touch with him.

He is mainly available on weekends....hopefully I will be able to make it down and he won't need a partner.

Storm Chase 2007

My name is Jimmy Deguara from Australia. Website: http://www.australiasevereweather.com/

A few of us are in the final plans of chasing Tornado Alley. We would like to have a few more join our crew to even out the numbers sharing within the group. Our chase period begins early May and ends mid June. Various members are indicating interest chasing within this time frame some for 2 weeks etc etc

PM me if interested in finding out more information.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara

I will be either in Springfield, Mo or Kansas City, Mo during most of the month of May. I may be interested in riding with someone unless I get my toronado running.

Renting out a van for my annual storm chasing adventure from May 19-26. Still have a seat or two open. If interested please send me an e-mail or PM.

Chase partner

Looking for serious stormchase partner. I have laptop, video camera. Will be chasing in Oklahoma and Texas this season. E-mail me and we will meet.

I am 90% certain of chasing this the plains from approx May 12 to June 12.

I will be one of many Aussie's visiting this year. This will be my first trip chasing outside Australia.

Unlike the rest of the Aussies I will be on my own - I will be flying into LA around May 10 and driving east. LA ? the car hire works out near $800 cheaper. I know I will lose around 4 days to travel, perhaps 5 days if the storms are on the northern plains.

If you see a overweight guy with ponytail around 50 years old it could be me - pull over and say hello.

If you see me heading in all the wrong directions please put me right. Although I have 20-30 years chasing behind in Australia, I am under no pretentions that it is a different game over there. I am not the most scientific gifted chaser in the field but I think I make up for it in raw instinct and years of watching the storm dynamics live.

NE OHIO - I'm based at the University of Akron. I'm looking for anyone wanting to chase together or even work together for base support. Respond if you're interested.

Chase Partners

I am tenatively looking for a few chase partners. I am based near Albuquerque, NM, and have a few years' experience in the Great Plains. The dates go something like May 18ish-May 27ish.

Send me a message if you are interested.

Possibly interested in finding a chasing partner.

Basically chase the upper midwest. (Iowa, northern half of Illinois, Southern Minnesota, Northern Missouri, E Nebraska)

My gear: Jeep wrangler, laptop w/GPS and mapping, wireless connection that *should* hit all the towers in the upper midwest area, grlevelx radar software, independent power supply.

However, I'm not very experienced. This would be my first year out. Have an idea of what to do, but haven't done it... yet. Working on mproving storm-day forecasting. (picking out good, educated targets for initiation rather than making a guess based on SPC forecast)

Will likely be able to go on most big chase events from now through the end of school (early may) and then hopefully on anything after that.

Naturally, will split any costs.

Even tempered, reasonable, easy to get along with... but doesn't want to risk life. (does want to see tornadoes!)

If interested: [email protected]

chasing

Chased in ernet since 2001.
After experiencing little last year, I am chomping at the bit to chase and partnering with others who want to go out and chase.
I can team with anyone from Lawrence, Kansas City area, Olathe and close by (KS) to share camcorder and photography work, riding and taking my turn at wheel.
Happy to partner with others coming nearby here or seeing you out and rendezvous.
I can do mostly weekends until my teaching duties let out in Memorial day. Then I can do June and July and August.
Its more fun to team so give me a call. It also helps with expenses and $$$$$$ gas!!!
Give me a call or email.

Last edited by a moderator:
any southern chasers i would appreciate partnering up with...i live in north mississippi relatively close to tupelo...

ill be sure to put in money...i can go anytime

Seek partner for the plains and in California

I live in the San Francisco Bay area but I try to chase on the plains every year. I wait for the forecast to look particularly promising in the 2-3-day window, then I fly out on the spur of the moment and chase for about three days.

Expertise-wise, I'm not at the level of the meteorologists or other veteran chasers who live in Tornado Alley (I have about thirty chase days under my belt), but I have educated myself with a slew of books and videos and one trip to the national storm-chaser’s conference, and, once in visual range, I'm pretty good at identifying the most promising storms and getting to the edge of the most promising wall cloud.

Though of course it’d be nice to chase with someone more advanced than me, I really appreciate ANY sort of partner when things really start happening and it becomes impossible to drive and monitor the warnings and navigate and operate the video camera all at once! Of course I’ll share driving and gas…in fact, if you’re an advanced chaser, I’d probably buy ALL of the gas in appreciation for your expertise.

I’m considerate and easy to get along with. PM me and I’ll let you know when I’m heading out and we might be able to link up. I’m open to an in-car partner (my car or yours) or caravanning.

--Bob

P.S. I also chase in California’s Central Valley in the 1-2 days a year in which we have tornadic weather here—any other northern-California chasers out there?

This is more of a post to update my earlier post back in February.

For a vacation update:

I will fall back to my original vacation dates due to the May 15th thing at work being cancelled, so May 11th-May 19th is it (mainly for baseball, friends' graduation on the 12th, and a wedding on the 19th), and I will be based in Douglass, KS (20 SE of Wichita). Anyone in E, SC, C, SE, and NE KS + N OK wanting to chase during the May 11-18 period (not the whole time, maybe two days at a time at most, unless a system stalls out, which happens sometime in the season), give me a PM and I'll give you my contact information for now and for when I'll be in KS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need partner(s) for 4-21 to 4-24 out of DFW

I am considering flying into Dallas Saturday morning after I get off work and blasting out to west TX for a Saturday chase. then I will be staying out in that area for chasing Monday and Tuesday- returning to Dallas late Tuesday evening for a Wednesday noontime flight back home. I do not really like chasing solo- and Saturday I will be on no sleep after a mid shift.

Is there anyone that can help me out with a ride or be willing to go with me in a rental car for that time period? I will of course share all expenses and am willing to share a motel room.
I have not bought my ticket yet- I will probably wait until at least one more model run.

If interested please email me offline at [email protected].

Thanks,

Matt Crowther

I am considering flying into Dallas Saturday morning after I get off work and blasting out to west TX for a Saturday chase. then I will be staying out in that area for chasing Monday and Tuesday- returning to Dallas late Tuesday evening for a Wednesday noontime flight back home. I do not really like chasing solo- and Saturday I will be on no sleep after a mid shift.

Is there anyone that can help me out with a ride or be willing to go with me in a rental car for that time period? I will of course share all expenses and am willing to share a motel room.
I have not bought my ticket yet- I will probably wait until at least one more model run.

If interested please email me offline at [email protected].

Thanks,

Matt Crowther

LOL, you know Matt, I know we are back woods folks out here, but LBB and AMA have some really decent airports you can puddle hop in to. :) They even have rental cars. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back