CHASE PARTNER THREAD for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey John,

Didnt we meet one time in 2005 chase season outside of Emporia?

You were with Ron Gravelle and we had a dinner at Appleby's after our chase??

Im unsure if your the same fella im thinking of..

Fred

Going to be chasing for a TV station like I have the last several years. I don't have room in my vehicle but I won't mind if some of the inexperienced chasers tag along in their own vehicle. I am based out of Amarillo.

Well I fried the altenator in my jeep so untill I can get a new chase vehicle I am going to need a ride out to the storms. I know I could just get a new altenator, however the jeep will soon need a new motor and transmission. I do have a mobile internet conection.

Hey John,

Didnt we meet one time in 2005 chase season outside of Emporia?

You were with Ron Gravelle and we had a dinner at Appleby's after our chase??

Im unsure if your the same fella im thinking of..

Fred

No Fred, unfortunately didn't get an opportunity to meet you and the others that summer. I arrived in Wichita that summer right about the same time as the Death Ridge, when the greatest threat to life on the Plains was sunburn.

Only stuck around long enough to enjoy some Kansan hospitality and my hotel swimming pool, then headed back home. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see you this year?

John

No Fred, unfortunately didn't get an opportunity to meet you and the others that summer. I arrived in Wichita that summer right about the same time as the Death Ridge, when the greatest threat to life on the Plains was sunburn.

Only stuck around long enough to enjoy some Kansan hospitality and my hotel swimming pool, then headed back home. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see you this year?

John

Oh, ill be out and about.. Whenever you see a setup you wanna chase let me know as I chase 95% of them.. just email me a couple days ahead of time if you wanna do it and Ill hook up with ya. :)

My bro and I are planning on DIYing next year after two years of tours to gain experience. The more people we can gather together to share costs/driving etc the better :D - planning on grabbing a mini van or something or some kind of jeep - any recommendations?

My bro and I are planning on DIYing next year after two years of tours to gain experience. The more people we can gather together to share costs/driving etc the better :D - planning on grabbing a mini van or something or some kind of jeep - any recommendations?

There are alot ( many ) minimum maintenance roads in Kansas, Nebraska, midwest in general. In the rural areas where we regularly chase this is very common. A dry dirt road you set up on to intercept can easily become muck and mud on the way out..

Be careful. Although a 4x4 is not mandatory to chase.. it certainly provides another element that is important for optimum success. Getting stuck in a mud ditch isnt a fun way to spend a chase day far from home..

Fred

I am always looking to meet up with more expirenced chasers along the route. My chase partner and I are located in Austin and usually dont mind covering OK,Tx. If we get some vacation time then maybe KS.

Unless our team orginizes of course :)

Newbie here...Looking for a chase partner in and around San Antonio, TX. I have a lot of the 'tech' but not the experience. Let me know.

There are alot ( many ) minimum maintenance roads in Kansas, Nebraska, midwest in general. In the rural areas where we regularly chase this is very common. A dry dirt road you set up on to intercept can easily become muck and mud on the way out..

Be careful. Although a 4x4 is not mandatory to chase.. it certainly provides another element that is important for optimum success. Getting stuck in a mud ditch isnt a fun way to spend a chase day far from home..

Fred

Completely agree Fred - we have had experience of that on our tours - luckily my bro has GPS and all the latest gear to enable us to see what roads are what - although I am also aware that some say they're paved when they're not.

I've had first hand experience of that here actually, chasing in the UK is a nightmare for trees, buildings and traffic jams but when you get a good storm in the country it's great - until you get in mud that is!

I'm planning on taking a week's vacation to chase on the plains in late May. If a more experienced chaser that I would like an apprentice, I'm all ears. I have a chase truck, but with minimal equipment. I will attempt to acquire a digicam for this trip.

Inexperienced but eager

Looking for a partner/s for 07 - Definately looking to go out for two weeks May 14-27, possibly other times in late April - mid June

I would be willing to do most all of the driving and pay all fuel costs and to split hotel fees equally to have an experienced partner

Located in Lawton OK - and at least for the two week block in May willing to go wherever. At other times might be available to chase in OK/Texas panhandle area possibly even on short notice pending my ability to make work shift switches

I'm looking for people to possibly team up and chase with this season. I'm located 30 miles north of Milwaukee just off I-43. States I'd be willing to chase are WI/IL/IN/IA/SD/NE, and maybe MO and KS.

I work Mon-Fri 7-3:30 and its hard to get off with short notice, so I'd mainly be chasing weekend events they're far away, but will do WI chases on weekday evenings.

I'm open to continuous drive-a-thons and have gone to central Nebraska and back without staying in a hotel.

As for equipment, right now I have a wx radio and mobile radar, and I'm hoping to upgrade to a pocket PC with full blown internet this spring.

Chase vehicle is a 2002 grand am.

Let me know if interested and where you're located.

Just an update to what I wrote before......

I may be moving later than I thought. I thought by the end of July but, I don't know whats going on with the house. So for the Chase season 2007 I will still be on the southside of Chicago. I will have my own ride and equipment. Some days I may chase with my dad, but he rarely leaves IL but I am definitely willing to go to IN, WI, IA, MO, and points north and west. Depending if I get my job will determine the days and hours. I scheduled time for the early morning hours and mid morning for work. So anytime past 12 or 1 I should be ready to go. Hit me up if you're at least interested in the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back