CHASE PARTNER THREAD for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone lives around the Lincoln/Omaha area and would like a partner to split expenses, hit me up.

At this moment, I don't know how often I might go to the Texas Panhandle during the season (maybe the OK panhandle and W. OK if MOD risk), but it would be weekends only (if it's a good setup on a Saturday, I'll definitely be there). It's a different area from when I used to live in KS, so I'll probably sit out until April. I should be on vacation from May 11th-20th in KS with a car (assuming the car I want to chase in is fixed to the point I can drive 200 miles). I'll give more updates on the vacation as it gets closer.

I have a weather radio and a road atlas; that's it.

The option is also there for me to fly to OKC, LUB, AMA, or DEN (like a potential 4/21/07 chase) and rent a car.

If anyone within 30 miles (or so) of I-70 from Goodland to Salina wants to chase with me on 4/21/07, PM me by Thursday night (4/19/07).

Update on the vacation: May 10th-20th, with the 11th-19th being chaseable, although 12th is graduation for many friends at KSU and their's a wedding on the 19th in Wichita (last time that happened, the wedding in Wichita thing, I saw three tornadoes on 6/12/04).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for more partners to chase with, if you are willing to do the driving I will cover all gas and food costs associated with any chase we go on. My vehicle is not trust worthy or maintained enough and knowing my luck it would probibly die at a crucial moment (Wedge getting dangerously close better reposition...Oh &$!^) If anyone out their in the North Texas area is looking to cut gas and food costs from their chase budget let me know.

Looking For a Partner to Chase with in the Spring and Summer Months... I live in the Northeast Texas Panhandle and Chase for KVII-TV out of Amarillo.....I cover the Texas and Oklahoma Panhandle, along with Southwest KS, and western and northwestern OK...... Later in June, start to cover central OK........Please PM if Interested

I'm looking to partner with someone or have someone split the cost of fuel. I generally chase the following areas: most if IL, southern/eastern IA, nothern and eastern MO and possibly far SE IL if conditions are great. I'm off all summer so I have more time to travel even more distant areas
in that regard. Give me a PM if you are interested in chasing this area in the spring.

If there is anyone in NE Kansas who would like to tag along we'll probably have an extra seat open most of our chases in our 04 Xterra... Just pm me.

My girlfriend might tag along once or twice, only if I could convince her that chasing storms really isn't that dangerous.

Hi all guys
This season I'm coming in tornado alley with my chase partners; we will be guys and girls and we should be glad if someone of you would like to come with us and share expensives. Don't hesitate to contact me by PM or mail:

[email protected]

I am looking to partner up with an experienced chaser(s) that is willing to show a new guy the ropes. I have a limited amount of education and field experience, but I am working on that at the moment. I enjoy photography and am willing to chase most anywhere in Missouri, southern IA, and southern/central IL.

PM me if you think there is a possibility of meeting up this season and we can exchange contact info. Good luck everyone and have a safe season.

STL. St. Peters to be exact. On I-70, live at home right now, ready to graduate HS.

Hello all. I live in Mundelein, IL which is about 30 miles north of Chicago near the Wisconsin border. I am a very new chaser (about 2 years of chasing - no tornadoes) but am eager to learn. I am NOT somebody looking for an adrenaline rush or out to play "Twister." Believe me, I know what chasing is all about. If you can have some patience and are willing to help a newb learn the ropes (especially in the forecasting field) I'm your guy. I am willing to travel far distances and spend the night at hotels if needed. This is a growing passion and I'm eager to learn as much as I can.

So, if you don't mind splitting costs with someone that will show an eagerness to learn from you, please send me a PM. I’m looking for either a mentor who would like to cut costs or another new chaser who is serious about learning more about chasing. Please, help me learn to become the next Tim Vasquez! :D

Limited equipment includes:

-Mobile VHF/UHF HAM radio (40 Watt power)
-Magmount VHF/UHF antenna
-2M HT HAM radio (5 Watt power)
-Handheld scanner with trunking capabilites and WX Radio
-Laptop Computer
-Somewhat decent video camera

Well this will be my 5th year of chasing and I have room in my chase vehicle for one person so if anyone is interested I live in Ada Oklahoma and chase all over texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma. After chasing for 5 years I have never had a chase partner. I would love for someone to start going along with me or even meet up with other chasers, either one would be better than going all alone lol.

If anyone could help me send me a PM

Any one looking to chase I am located in Pittsburg, Kansas Far Southeastern corner. We have a group of 3 or 4 people around here we chase all over the mid west please contact me. We almost always have an open seat, and have a nice e-mail list we use so everyone close knows when someone is going out and if they have a spare seat, as long as you are on the way so thats means anywhere along the drive I don't mind a ride along.. Contact me at [email protected] look forward to some good chasing this year...

Good Luck 2007!

I may have reason to start a chase on about May 14 from New Orleans in my rental car or someone else's vehicle. If weather isn't happening within a day's drive from N.O. I may head towards San Antonio via Houston to see new territory. Continous chasing would be 5-10 days.

If this scenario doesn't pan out I could likely start a chase period anywhere from mid May to mid June for 7-10 days continuous anywhere the weather is in my car, rental car, someone else's vehicle, light aircraft ....(challenging, somewhat risky but also unique and advantageous in bad chase territory, ability to relocate quickly etc. use your imagination) Bring your $$ and your weather experts/friends for the last scenario. :D

I've chased on the ground for the last two years once on my own and once with an experienced chase partner. I'd prefer someone more experienced and with more equipment than me, which isn't hard to accomplish. I have ham radios, have laptop with wireless but no special chase software/equipment.

I'm level headed, open minded, easy going and can endure lots of 'boredom' or excitement... etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back