Chase Case 7

I'm setting up in Beaver, OK on the panhandle... thinking about heading north or south or staying put depending on further information... with Highway 23 close by shouldn't be hard to make time going north or south.

Wayfaring

I've made a wayfaring map for those who are currently involved. There may be an issue with being able to view this map. If you can't view it, let me know.

Wayfaring map

Looks like I will be playing the KS/CO High Plains....impressive jet streak headed over a deepening LL moist axis. Put me up at Colby KS for now.

I have a good guess for this date but am not 100% sure at the moment. I will hang out in Salina untill more data comes out but I am thinking I will need to head west soon.

Just wanted to say thank you, Jeff, for all your work on this. The map's working great, definitely a keeper.

Going to continue to hang out in Enid, OK pending any compelling reason to move. ATTM, I am liking:
-Clear skies to allow for better heating
-Diffluent flows aloft
-40+ kt. 925 mb winds
-Low LCL heights

The convection in SC MO is tempting, but I'm getting the feeling that it's going to turn out to be a sucker play, with lackluster shear.

John

I am going to hold tight in Liberal, KS and await more data. Maybe stop in and check out Dorothy's house to get me in the mood for the impending tornado fest

Holding my ground at Colby KS....looks like good cyclogenesis underway on the High Plains....so should be a nice surge of LL juice within a favorably sheared environment about storm time.

Checked out of GCK at 11 a.m., and am moseying north to Scott City, KS, for lunch and 18Z obs. No great insights, but there seems to be a broad east-west boundary through central KS that I'd like to be just a little closer to.

Back