2/1/07 Now: FL,AL,GA

Jordan Hartley

A Tornado Watch is in effect until 10pm EST for parts of FL, AL, & GA. Currently no warnings are out at this time the main area of concern hasnt made its way on shore yet but looking for things to begin in the next 2-4 hrs. We could be on the verge of another Febuary Outbreak for FL & GA later on this evening and well into the morning. Taking a look at the radar there are several storms that are already rotating over the Gulf of Mexico SW of FL. Will sit back and watch this thing unfold.

Edit* Tor Watch issued for NE FL & SE GA until 1am EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tornado warning issued for Gulf Co in the panhandle of Florida until 5pm. Its a doppler indicated rotating thunderstorm, no reports of a tornado at this time.

Edit*There are a bunch of storms with marine warnings that will be moving on shore here pretty soon. NWS has been saying
A FEW STRONGER STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LARGE AND VERY DANGEROUS WATERSPOUTS. BOATERS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR WATERSPOUTS. YOUR BEST COURSE OF EVASIVE ACTION IF THREATENED BY A WATERSPOUT IS TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE WATERSPOUT AT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE FROM ITS APPARENT MOVEMENT

I think its important to mention this statement because of the nature of the situation. SPC is saying that conditions continue to support supercells and bow echos and will as the storm system marches E across FL into tonight and tommorow morning. These rotating thunderstorms will continue to develop and move on shore in the next few hours. Here pretty soon warnings should start popping up like crazy.

a pretty strong and well defined mid-level circulation passed through a populated area just south of daytona beach crossing I95 at ~0920z judging by velocity returns. I wonder how much of that was churning at the surface. We will see in the morning.

Here in Central FL, a strong line has blown many trucks off the main hwy here. (I-4). Here in Lake Mary, I did'nt get any nasty weather as it passed just a few minuites ago. From what I have heard, Lady Lake, FL has had many mobile homes damaged or destroyed.

It seems like the first tornado under the "EF scale" has been reported this morning. Looks as though the strongest part of the line has moved off shore.

EDIT: Now most likely a confirmed tornado in Sumter/Lake/Volusia counties, with "at least 100 home damaged, and numerous fatalities" as an initial report.

Back