Stormtrack.jpg
GREG CAMPBELL
stlogo1_new.jpg
DEAN COSGROVE

mcgowan1.jpg
DICK MCGOWAN
MIKE HOLLINGSHEAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Should probably mention, too, that Dick's and Dean's will have to be cropped down to be the same size as Mike's and Greg's. So try to imagine Dick's & Dean's submissions with their tops (or bottoms) cropped off before voting.

Should probably mention, too, that Dick's and Dean's will have to be cropped down to be the same size as Mike's and Greg's. So try to imagine Dick's & Dean's submissions with their tops (or bottoms) cropped off before voting.

Or just in a smaller size.. doubt they are just going to hack part of the image off as a whole.

Ryan is correct and it does seem a little strange to vote not taking that into account. Here are the only two options for each of the photos that were not submitted with the proper proportions:
Cosgrove:
cosgrove1.jpg

cosgrove2.jpg

McGowan:
mcgowan1.jpg

mcgowan2.jpg

"Cropping" normally means losing some of the image, so I think the full-frame version is the one you are actually voting on. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Darren, Ryan, thank you so much for your concerns, but it looks like Mike and Greg have this wrapped up. For some reason PS wouldn't let me crop down the logo. (It wouldn't stretch to where I needed it to be.) I guess I just didn't care as much as others did.

I voted for yours Ryan, and Darren I liked your idea.

I went ahead and replaced the logo's above with the stretched versions for Dick & Dean since it's more respective of what you are going to see if they win. If they chose, they can replace them using the same image and logo but without some of the damage from the vertical stretching.

I vote for Mike's it not only shows a storm, but a path leading to it. I think it symbolizes Stormtrack nicely.

Now, if only there was a stick figure running to a tornado.... ;)

Greg, I appreciate your comment.

I was aware of the size requirement and had the same problem as Dick in attempting to resize. Scott , thank you for taking care of the size issue.

I really did not expect to win and was very happy that my pic made it to the final voting. I sent Mike an e-mail shortly after the first round of voting to tell him congrats . It was my opinion his pic would be the eventual winner.

I tried to think "outside of the box" and show that storm chasing --to me-- is much more than just catching tornadoes .

My intent was to have someone looking at my logo submission feel as
though the beautiful setting sun after the chase day was illuminating
the STORMTRACK logo in the foreground.

In short I went for the "warm fuzzy feeling " STORMTRACK logo :)

That was a "priceless" day watching that sunset with good friends
from Boston :)

Dean Cosgrove
http://www.chasetours.com/

Very nice pictures everyone. I voted for Mike and look's like he is the winner. Congratulations Mike!

Congrats to MikeH for winning the banner contest. I see they have changed it up in the top-left corner now...looks good!

KL

Back