• Kucera 1

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Duchesne 1

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Boggs 2

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Mark, the admins and participants are agreeable, perhaps the banner/logo that's eventually selected could receive some group input and go through a bit of refinement. Like if the image is perfect but the text too small, or contrast makes the name difficult to read, etc., and if the submitter is agreeable, then maybe a 2nd & possibly 3rd version could be created & the refined variations on that logo could be voted on to get to the final. Might be a pain, but thought I'd toss that out there.

I've actually been worried about a logo that might win that isn't within the size specs, so I know what you mean Jeremy. If that does happen, it will have to be resized before it is put into production. If a logo wins and the submitter is open to tweaking it I don't see any harm in that, especially since it has the potential to make it better. I'm sure the opinions will run the gamut on this idea though. I'm open to any ideas that could possibly improve the final product.

Traditionally, you don't see the results instantaneously in this sort of "election" and that is how it should be (IMO). For those used to instant gratification it sort of rubs the wrong way, but it is the only way for every entry to get a fair shake.

Thanks for the reply Darren. Anyone else who would like to share their opinion please speak up and let me know what you are thinking.

Dildine 1
Perez 1

had the best lookin' logos, Perez 1 got my vote, i thought it was the most creative, and it was made from scratch.

wish I would have had time to put some of my graphics design skills to use and create something, but I've just been entirely way too busy.

Just a quick friendly reminder since its kind of easy to miss (or maybe its not - either way I figured it wouldn't hurt to remind people :))...

There is a second section of logo submissions to look through (since they all couldn't fit into a single poll) located at the link below:
Preliminary Poll 2

Thanks Mike for all your effort with this. I personally like not being able to see the results and wouldn't change anything with how things are currently being done...

Last edited by a moderator:
ST Logo Contest Update

I've been watching the voting totals and it seems to be slowing down, but there are some that are still trickling in. Thursday evening around 6 PM we had 135 total votes between the 2 preliminary polls and this morning we have 142. Since the polls are set to run another 9 days I'm wondering if we shouldn't move the closing up and let it run for just a few more days?

It appears to me there are 6 logos that are clearly head and shoulders above the rest and another 3 that could potentially be included in the final poll. Beyond that (9 total) there is a clear separation in the voting. It's shaping up to me that the final poll will have no more than 10 logos to choose from at the time this was written.

What is everyone thinking for moving the deadline up to somewhere between Monday and Wednesday or this coming week?

Yeah, I believe everyone has had plenty of time to vote. Moving the deadline up wouldn't hurt.

I just voted today, maybe there will be more.

There are several outstanding designs, my personal preference is the logo needs to be something simple and while the designs are outstanding I feel many of them are too "busy" for lack of a better word.

Boggs1 was the hands down best, imo, ymmv.

Okay guys, I'll go in and edit both polls to end in the next couple of days.

If anyone hasn't voted now is the time to do so. The final polls will begin a couple of days after the preliminary voting has completed.

This poll will be closing in about two hours from the time this was posted, so if you haven't voted now is the time to do so!!

The results of the preliminary polls are as follows for the top 10:

Jason Boggs - Boggs 1 - 25 votes
Jeremy Den Hartog - Den Hartog 1 - 17 votes
Chris Collura - Collura 2 - 16 votes
Dick McGowan - McGowan 1 - 14 votes
David Dildine - Dildine 1 - 13 votes
Jeremy Perez - Perez 1 - 10 votes
Jason Foster - Foster 2 - 8 votes
Danny Neal - Neal 1 - 7 votes
Stephen Locke - Locke 2 - 6 votes
Wes Luginbyhl - Luginbyhl 3 - 5 votes

Give me a couple of days to get the final poll together and I'll get it posted in a similar manner as the preliminary polls, but the final poll won't have quite so many choices!

Thanks,
Mark

Back