• Collura 2

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Foster 2

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dildine 1

Votes: 20 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I had known this was going to be duplicated I would have done something else.... I thought it was simply for a banner like H's old photo. No spite, no ill-will, just pondering and concern whether I even entered the right type of thing..... not always about you Foster ;) My post was more aimed toward Matthew A. Smith when he said:

I'm thinking in terms of bumper stickers, window decals, t-shirts, etc. There is a clear winner. ST will only grow by marketing.

If this were the goal and case I would have submitted something different.

OK..guys...perhaps I just read into wrong, my apologies. Yes...back to the contest.

I'm glad you guys worked it out amongst yourselves, as the last thing I want is to have to referee a situation that has thus far been a pleasurable experience for everyone. No one had to take the blame, the whole t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc., topic came up in the original contest thread on November 11th at 3:32 pm. Everyone here is resourceful enough to figure out what I'm talking about, so if you want to go and look you're more than welcome to. I think it was that post that planted the seed that seems to have germinated and wants to grow bigger at this point. In any event, I think at this point it's just the logo at the top of the webpage that's up for grabs.

I did not exactly pull it out of my butt. Here is my logic. When was the last time you saw a business use one logo on their website and a totally different one on their merchandise? The answer is probably somewhere in the vicinity of "rarely". My point is/was, that if ST wants to promote themselves at a convention, for instance, will they simply pull out the standard Times New Roman font on the banner or will they have a banner with their bitchin new logo as seen at stormtrack.org? When I said bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc., I was referencing all marketing piece in general. I'm not even saying that is going to happen, but I do know that I would rather have a Stormtrack bumper sticker than a light bar any day of the week. HA! Hope I did not cause any confusion. Blame everything on me.

Could Staff clarify whether we're voting on a logo or a header banner? I know the answer but this question has come up in previous threads and now again in this one. It seems some folks are voting on which graphic makes the best logo and others are voting on which graphic makes the best header banner. The two are very different things in need of separate polls IMO.

EDIT: missed page 4 where Mark chimed in but I really do think we need a separate poll for the actual logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This logo is simply replacing the radar logo that is at the top left hand corner of the forum. Nothing less, nothing more.

EDIT..why are some of you making this so difficult?

Here's a link the the original thread post that started this project last year: http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245053&postcount=1

The project went dead last year, but has been resurrected. As of right now, this is just supposed to be for the selection of a new forum logo (see the top left of the page), as Stormtrack doesn't necessarily market itself through merchandise like hats, cups, etc., though suggestions related to taking this into account are valid.

Perhaps some of the newcomers would be less baffled if it were phrased as ST Banner Contest? Good lord! :)

The Stormtrack Forum page has always had a photo banner at the top of the page to pretty it up, but the most recent one was removed at the creater's request and a basic radar image was used to replace it.

I realize a lot of people may have joined since then, and may think this is something more than it really is. We're not creating a "logo" for a business here, just a simple pretty image to slap at the top of the forum page.

Perhaps some of the newcomers would be less baffled if it were phrased as ST Banner Contest? Good lord! :)

Yes, perhaps there is some confusion. Thread title revision may be better: ST banner seems close enough.

The new logo/banner or whatever the heck you want to call it will replace this one.

19181779.png

The new logo/banner or whatever the heck you want to call it will replace this one.
True that...that is exactly what is being replaced here. But nothing says that it has to look like that either, it could be ANYTHING, including a logo style

STlogoNEWonsite.jpg
:

CONTEST UPDATE

From the inception of this process Tim V. (the site admin) called it the "Stormtrack Logo Contest". The scope of the contest was to replace the logo (or image if you prefer) in the upper left hand corner of the web page and there were no additional objectives stated in the original contest instructions. If you are interested the original thread can be found here: ST Logo Contest. For consistency sake I have edited the titles of the final poll and the preliminary polls back to their original name to avoid any confusion that may be created by switching things up in the middle of the contest. If anyone is still unclear as to what the objectives of this contest are please post your questions here and I will be happy to answer them. I would highly recommend reading the last several posts however, as that should clear up any confusion as to what we are trying to accomplish here.

The idea to use the winning logo for the production of bumper stickers, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc., is NOT a part of this contest. I'm not here to say it's a bad idea, it's just outside of the scope of this contest. Since it's an idea that seems to have momentum, I would recommend posting your thoughts or suggestions in the "How can we make Stormtrack better in 2011" thread found here: ST Suggestions. Thanks for the awesome participation thus far and I hope we can get back on track from this point forward.

I'm glad you guys worked it out amongst yourselves, as the last thing I want is to have to referee a situation that has thus far been a pleasurable experience for everyone. No one had to take the blame, the whole t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc., topic came up in the original contest thread on November 11th at 3:32 pm. Everyone here is resourceful enough to figure out what I'm talking about, so if you want to go and look you're more than welcome to. I think it was that post that planted the seed that seems to have germinated and wants to grow bigger at this point. In any event, I think at this point it's just the logo at the top of the webpage that's up for grabs.

Blame or credit aside: the T-shirt, bumper sticker, hat, etc. idea is awesome for future consideration.

the T-shirt, bumper sticker, hat, etc. idea is awesome for future consideration.

See, the problem with that is, Stormtrack would have to pay for the use of the logo/banner if it's used for t-shirts etc...Can't speak for everyone, but they would have to pay if mine was used.

That's just not going to happen.

Back