• Collura 2

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Foster 2

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dildine 1

Votes: 20 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have contacted Jason Boggs to see why his logo seems to have gone MIA. Hopefully it will be restored in short order. In the interim look above this post for a sample of what it looks like.

Drew - the poll results will be visible at the end of the poll this coming Friday. The voting results were not visible during the contest to keep things as unbiased as possible. If folks can see who voted for who during the contest, it may have swayed them to vote one way or the other versus who they would have voted for without that knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: It's been fixed so I deleted my last post. Thanks Mark!

I replaced the Boggs 1 image with a backup copy I had just in case something like this happened. Remember that the contest ends this Friday, so if you haven't voted yet don't delay or you may miss your chance!

ST Logo Contest Update

Today is the last day to vote up until 6 pm or shortly thereafter. The poll results should be visible by early this evening. Thanks to everyone who participated as there were a lot of nice logos to choose from.

Let me be the first to congratulate Dick McGowan on his images' selection, and to simulaneously express my sincere disgust at having to look at an image of Reed Timmer (who last started a thread on ST in July 2008 and who last posted in November of 2008) each time I come here now.

Let me be the first to congratulate Dick McGowan on his images' selection, and to simulaneously express my sincere disgust at having to look at an image of Reed Timmer (who last started a thread on ST in July 2008 and who last posted in November of 2008) each time I come here now.

My thoughts exactly....

I realize that a lot of thought went into the selection process, but there is a reason that the U.S. doesn't allow 10 people on the ballot in the final election (that is for the primaries). The end result is a choice that got 18% of the vote as the "winner" (or in otherwords the one that 82% of voters did not vote for).

I realize that a lot of thought went into the selection process, but there is a reason that the U.S. doesn't allow 10 people on the ballot in the final election (that is for the primaries). The end result is a choice that got 18% of the vote as the "winner" (or in otherwords the one that 82% of voters did not vote for).

Congrats to Dick!

On that note Darren, perhaps we can make a suggestion to the election person or committee to run it slightly differently next time. Depending on how many people submit logos, have a tournament style election. First round widdle it down to 16, second round down to 8, third round down to 4, and then a final vote with the last two remaining.

Just a thought.

Ditto... and no it is not me being a sore loser. Congrats Dick on the awesome logo. Reeds face and name is on everything else, why not ST too.

Ditto x2. I <really> dislike the idea of having an individual associated with a ST logo (perhaps Dick could change it up?). Or, maybe we could take the finalists and then re-vote... i.e. Al Gore 2000 style? :D

Ditto x2. I <really> dislike the idea of having an individual associated with a ST logo (perhaps Dick could change it up?). Or, maybe we could take the finalists and then re-vote... i.e. Al Gore 2000 style? :D

For reasons such as this, when I voted in these polls I made sure to show preference for logos that featured a scene, event, or image that I did NOT recognize. I don't want to look at the logo and know that Stormtrack is symbolized by one singular event/person etc. I like the mystique provided by the current logo (as I don't recognize the time or location of the radar image).

Perhaps we could have a ratification of the vote? lol

Congrats Dick!! This image got the most votes and people are
already discussing changing the image up. This just baffles the hell out of me.

Congrats to Dick. I do have one question that some of you might know the answer to. Would you need Reed's permission to use Dicks image.

Back