• Collura 2

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Foster 2

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dildine 1

Votes: 20 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blame or credit aside: the T-shirt, bumper sticker, hat, etc. idea is awesome for future consideration.

You are more than welcome to post your thoughts in the link I posted above. I'll say it again, it's an idea that quite a few people are keen on, so if you want the idea to gain even more traction, you should probably put it in a place where it will get the attention it deserves.

I figured I'd resubmit a 'mock up' of what my logo would look like on the forum in case people missed it in the original thread (plus I made a few minor changes since I did the last mock up)...

mockup.jpg

See, the problem with that is, Stormtrack would have to pay for the use of the logo/banner if it's used for t-shirts etc...Can't speak for everyone, but they would have to pay if mine was used.

That's just not going to happen.
For the use of the photo is what you are talking about right. I can see that you wouldn't want to let that nice image go for free.

I'd be fine if ST wanted to use mine design submitted here for anything else at no charge. I guess one reason I didn't use a photo at all was for that reason.

Perez might show his mocked up on the site as not sure if he wanted to didn't want the white background. I used a white background in the submission, but always meant it as a non-boxed design. I think I even mentioned that way back in the original thread, but I'd have to go back and check. The others might do the same as well, although they all have boxed designs. I don't see any reason why not.

Good day all,

I tested mine as well ... Seems to be a lot going on in my little logo. We'll see.

stlogot1.jpg

Anyway, it's worth a shot (for all who participated)!

I just got an e-mail from a bearded friend, and he wanted me to pass this along to you guys.

55683427.png

I finally had a chance to address some helpful comments. I was especially inclined to agree that the original treatment seemed too whimsical for the site. Since most of the voting is already in hand, this isn't likely to change any minds, but I wanted to post anyway.

StormTrackLogoRev01.jpg

Below are some sample banner treatments. Somebody else's photos would surely look a lot better back there than the slim pickings I've got! :)

StormTrackLogoMockup01.jpg

Click Link for Full Size (Version 1)

StormTrackLogoMockup02.jpg

Click Link for Full Size (Version 2)

StormTrackLogoMockup03.jpg

Click Link for Full Size (Version 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an e-mail from a bearded friend, and he wanted me to pass this along to you guys.
Might want to let folks know you are not speaking of one 'cane beard' as that would certainly go against you....:D:D

There are 7 days and a few hours left to vote folks. The contest is moving along fine and there is plenty of time left to cast your vote if you haven't already done so. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

I finally had a chance to address some helpful comments. I was especially inclined to agree that the original treatment seemed too whimsical for the site. Since most of the voting is already in hand, this isn't likely to change any minds, but I wanted to post anyway.

StormTrackLogoRev01.jpg

Below are some sample banner treatments. Somebody else's photos would surely look a lot better back there than the slim pickings I've got! :)

StormTrackLogoMockup01.jpg

Click Link for Full Size (Version 1)

StormTrackLogoMockup02.jpg

Click Link for Full Size (Version 2)

StormTrackLogoMockup03.jpg

Click Link for Full Size (Version 3)

I love it, especially overlaid over the photos and other backgrounds.

This is the final poll for the ST Logo Contest. There are 10 logos below that received the most votes in the preliminary polls that were recently decided by the members. Please vote for your favorite logo and if you choose to discuss a particular logo or who you voted for it’s your prerogative, but comments are not mandatory in any event. The final poll will run until 12/31/10 (New Years Eve) and the winner will be chosen by whoever receives the most votes. If there is a tie at the end we’ll just let the poll run a few days longer until a clear winner has been determined. I used a randomizer at http://www.random.org/sequences/?mode=advanced to determine the order that the logos appear in below. I was fortunate to have discovered the randomizer, as it increased my comfort level knowing the logo order is completely random and was not a decision made on my part. Enjoy the contest and let’s decide which logo would best represent ST in the future!

FYI - THE LOGO NAME IS ABOVE THE LOGO

Den Hartog 1

[FONT=&quot]
stormtrack2.jpg
[/FONT]

Locke 2

[FONT=&quot]
stormtrack%20V1.3.jpg
[/FONT]

Perez 1

[FONT=&quot]
StormTrackLogoV2.jpg