Popular storm track continues

This afternoon's Special Weather Statement from FGF (Fargo) mentions significant snowfall potential.

SIGNIFICANT SNOW IS POSSIBLE ACROSS EASTERN NORTH DAKOTA...NORTHWEST AND WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA LATE THIS WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS ALSO POSSIBLE AS NORTHERLY WINDS INCREASE BY MONDAY. IN ADDITION...WIND CHILLS ARE EXPECTED TO DROP WELL BELOW ZERO BY EARLY NEXT WEEK.

The GFS appears to be the only model really bombing this one out...the others are considerably weaker. However, HPC is leaning GFS and I am beginning to think GFS has more credibility at this point despite the fact its an outlier. I am unsure about the severe aspects of this system for now, but people are starting to mention a decent accumulating snow across the Midwest.

Is it just me or have the past handful of systems tracked very similarly. This one is further north (according to the GFS) but still...the Upr Miss Vly and Wrn Great Lakes are in the bullseye. Hopefully this is a sign for winter, I'd like to improve on the past 3-4 years which have been somewhat lackluster. :)

Back