Ozthunder Chase Web Page updates ( al 'ot)

Over the past 2 weeks I have updated my seriously lapsed web pages. Just about anything onwards from 2008 is new.

They are approx 15 new pages, including recent severe storms.

Pictures open to large 1000 or 1200 pixel wide images and there are many videos linked as well.

http://ozthunder.com/chase/chase.html

I realise that most of storms featured are storms that many US chasers would not get out of bed for. However some of the images are quite nice.

Regards

Hi Micheal, I was just wondering the other day after I watched your Ozthunder 2005/2006 DVD how the weather was where you are. For Idaho, I get pretty much the same type of storms you get. Seems the severe storms are for mostly wind but boy do they put out beautiful shelf clouds. My biggest hail so far is about 1 inch. Last year for me was fun, I chased a few really interesting severe storms with beautiful shelf clouds and one event had a small wall cloud with a funnel. I missed the opportunity to take photos cause of the heavy rain and not having a shoulder to pull onto.

Your chase season is always when we in the USA have a winter. Thats pretty cool. I looked at all your updates since 2006 and enjoyed them all. I wish you the best of luck this year and hope you get some great storms.

Good hearing from ya Micheal.

-gerrit

. For Idaho, I get pretty much the same type of storms you get. Seems the severe storms are for mostly wind but boy do they put out beautiful shelf clouds.

-gerrit

I think that would be a reasonable comparison. We certainly get our share of high based storms.

I enjoy your time lapse footage on Youtube and yes the storm look very similar.

We do get the odd supercell here locally (say 50 mile radius), perhaps 1-2 a year, but sometimes none, but they rarely go on to produce a tornado - ironically a few did when I was too young to chase, including home damage. However I am 53, so when I was young is the1960's

The main issue for the prime part of the season were I live is the sea breeze inversion as ocean temperatures are still cool 17-18C, so if there is no shear I invariably have to travel inland and up to the tablelands.

Yesterday I chased a suspected weak supercell. I am still not certain as the day was hazy and there was high cloud, so it was hard to make out structure. The storm dumped some 4cm (2.5in) hail about an hour before this picture was taken.

280210e_t.jpg

Over the past 2 weeks I have updated my seriously lapsed web pages. Just about anything onwards from 2008 is new.

They are approx 15 new pages, including recent severe storms.

Pictures open to large 1000 or 1200 pixel wide images and there are many videos linked as well.

http://ozthunder.com/chase/chase.html

I realise that most of storms featured are storms that many US chasers would not get out of bed for. However some of the images are quite nice.

Regards

Michael...I checked out your updated chases, and I'm quite impressed. Nice job, and keep up the great work!

Back