Heelo from the UK

• Thread starter Mike Cartwright
  • Start date

Mike Cartwright

hi guys, here's the boring bit

Male, 6ft, 41 from Stoke on Trent England
1 house, 1 wife, 1 daughter, 2 boys, 1 doag and some fish.
Architectural Designer, Visualizer
interests;
fitness, vx220 cars (im an owner of one of these fine vehicles), 3d model making and visualization.
non smoking

For years I promised that for my 40th Id treat myself to a tornado chase, bear in mind id never been to the States before. Being the family guy i am, the budget was blown in florida last may, taking the kids to Disney and Universal. I did get to see Shuttle Atlantis take off though :)
I was itching to jump in the car every time i saw a cloud formation on the horizon ;) they looked capable of producing some serious activity.

A year on and the kids are begging me to go back to see the harry potter ride that waasnt quite finished last visit, looks like another year of no chasing for me :(

Then my wife had an idea. If we went to florida for 2 weeks, she would babysit for the first week allowing me to get to tornado alley for some chasing then spend the second week back with the family, everyones a winner!!

Im looking for a guide to meet with, the closet to florida the better, but id be flexible. Anyone willing to let me tag along?? I'd be happy to pay more than my fair share.

If anyone can help great. A basic outline of the plan (where, cost, accommodation, ) or should I pay the $2000 that some sites are asking????

reply here or if you prefer, im at [email protected]

ps, im not an axe murderer or anything

thank you keith,

i did read that thread before i posted but i wasnt sure if i replied on the end of it that it would appear bad manners to 1 Drew.Gardonia by hi-jacking the thread

I think finding someone in Florida to meet up with for a week might be kind of tough. You will most likely have good success with a tour group, but if that's the path you want to take I would sign up now because the tours fill up fast.

Welcome aboard! I think you'll find plenty of resources here for any aspiring chasers or weather enthusiasts.

I think finding someone in Florida to meet up with for a week might be kind of tough. You will most likely have good success with a tour group, but if that's the path you want to take I would sign up now because the tours fill up fast.

im sorry for the confusion dean,

i meant i would be willing to make my way from florida to meet a guide to pretty much anywhere in TV

Back