FREE week long CHASE TOURS in 2006 possible

And the chances someone couldn't have replied with this same thing then? LOL, came up with the tv idea.

Anyway I don't see anything wrong with the whole tv idea, so much so that I would have just came out and said so to begin with...had it been me.

Morgan, I think Shane was trying to take it to PM, seeings how the quote Rob used isn't found on this topic anywhere. Hmmmm.

Well, I just mean that as I recall I was the first to mention it. Not that probably others hadn't already thought of it. I own no exclusive to the concept if that's what you mean. As I recall back then we were all talking about other reality tv stuff and I think I brought it up as regarding storm chasing - but would have to go back in archives to verify.

I'm not saying I have a problem with the idea either. I guess I just like to try and 'read between the lines' if and when that is applicable.

So far I have not much any motivation to go out and find production company support, market my video / photo, or really even attend chaser conventions. My approach is certainly different that of the Twister Sisters. I guess everyone has their own priorities. At this moment I doubt I have any desire to be a part of one of the many sordid reality shows sweeping the country or trying to be a 'star'. That said, to each their own.

Well this was fun to read through. Looks like a few nerves were hit along the way with a few of our members. Drama Drama is all i can say. I thought i left that back in high school. Oh well it was my choice to read this it will be my choice to continue to read it though i highly doubt I will.

Hope they post some responses to your questions.

Well this was fun to read through. Looks like a few nerves were hit along the way with a few of our members. Drama Drama is all i can say. I thought i left that back in high school.

This is ST, remember? 8)

I agree with Kurt that this has somewhat been fun to read... And there has been a lot of drama.

All I know is that I applied for it saying "sure, why not? What is there to lose?" Well what is there to lose? Ok, so I don't get chosen and don't get to go on a chase vacation with them. Load up the vehicle and head out myself.. That problem solved.

One question that I want to ask, is how many of you that are wondering why they are doing this are actually submitting an "application"? And how many of you are just doing it becuase they are suspicious?

I believe I've said this before... But, sure they haven't answered the questions that have been asked this last week. But, the chase vacation isn't until next year! It isn't like it is April and they are going out in May.. For all you guys know is that they are on vacation some where and can't get to a computer. And I believe it has also been said that if somebody really wants to know, email them directly. I'm sure they will be checking that more than the ST forums... Actually I am emailing them right now and asking them if they could give a reply to this thread. So either they will post on here or I'll tell you when i get a reply. All I got to say, let the drama continue. 8)

LET THE ANSWER BE TOLD!!!

Hello, and thank you for writing.

We are delighted you are interested in this opportunity, and we appreciate
your providing the information we requested.

Now comes the hard part, WAITING. We have been approached by a well-known
television producer with this concept, that of a television program about
our tours and the interesting guests we have. An important part of making
this concept viable is to provide information (NO names or specifics) to
the production company so that they can see what a wide array of
individuals are interested in taking a tour to see severe weather up
close. We have been quite amazed and pleased by the response and so far.

If for some reason being part of a television program is not your cup of
tea, please let us know. And remember, we will not share ANY details or
names, just a general personality sketch.

Thank you for your interest and patience. We will let you know our
progress with this project as time goes along. Feel free to write with
any added information you think might be pertinent, or to withdraw your
name from consideration for any reason.

Thanks so much!
Peggy and Melanie
www.TwisterSisters.com

In light of this email...and to lighten the mood of the thread...

Let us begin calling this Survivor : Tornado Alley where contestants compete in car bingo, travel chess & checkers and who can go the longest without going to the bathroom or asking are we there yet. Losers will be voted out and kicked out of the car to await extraction by the inflow of a tornado only to hope and pray that they just get thrown a few hundred feet and make it out alive.

Again, this is intended to be humorous and in no way poking fun at the idea. Lighten up people - if you're against it, don't get involved. Obviously Peggy and Melanie know what they're doing and I'm sure they're evaluating the whole thing continually.

Now comes the hard part, WAITING. We have been approached by a well-known
television producer with this concept, that of a television program about
ou

I figured it would be a television show. That's cool. With any show, I hope chasers are shown in a good light. The Twister Sisters are great chasers and I hope they get some good participants. I will be looking forward to the show if it ever gets produced.

Most shows never get past the concept stage, others are produced once and further editions are not made. There are even complete shows (and series) that are made but never see the light of day. I won't get my hopes up yet I wish they will produce a great show. Something to watch as the SDS hits again in late 2006.

Bill Hark

Yep...I knew it.

Well, at least with a chase related format hopefully it will be more interesing than Survivor, the Bachelorett, etc.

Wonder if they are going to come up with a reality show next for fishing or hunting....

Jayson Prentice said:
All I know is that I applied for it saying "sure, why not? What is there to lose?" Well what is there to lose? Ok, so I don't get chosen and don't get to go on a chase vacation with them. Load up the vehicle and head out myself.. That problem solved.
I wish that it was that simple for me. What the problem is:
A) I will only be 16 years old next summer
B) My parents will not let me drive, by myself, farther than Goodland, Kansas until I have a few years of driving under my belt. My dad's a farmer and he doesn't have time to take a week and accompany me on a chase vacation and my mom has no interest in chasing whatsoever.
C) I am a poor white boy and have no money for necessary weather gadgets needed for real chasing. All I have is a cell phone, a Kodak DX6490 4MP digital camera, an early 1980's Asahi Pentax K1000 film SLR, an aluminum tripod, a four year old Dell laptop, and a wealth of storm knowledge. I am going to splurge and get Swift WX next spring and use my cell phone to get data (I'm on Verizon and they have great coverage pretty much everywhere except for within a ten mile radius of my house, LOL. :lol: I know quite a bit, but really for my first real chase (not pathetic landspout spouting(pun intended) Colorado storms but real deal Great Plains tornadic cells) I want to go with someone who has greater knowledge and experience. In other words, a semi-pro or pro.
I'm by no means a spotlight seeker; however, the reality show aspect is a nice bonus. It would be very fun to be on a nationwide broadcast show and make all my classmates green with envy, he he he... :twisted:
I know that there are lots of people that applied, but I hope the idea of a teenage weather nut appeals to the producer, as 15 year old boys who love weather are rare. :D Oh, and I am a very dramatic person. :D I participate in my school's Speech and Debate team, doing Creative Storytelling and Extemperanous Speaking. I was in the school musical last year. We did Les Miserables, and it was a beast. I performed as a Jack of all trade (four parts, two moderately important and two bits; I was barely beat out for one the part of Enjolras the revolutionary because the other boy had performed in a musical before; oh well) and I will be doing the musical again this year. I think I would be a special interest character, because basically everyone else is going to be an adult, so why not try for some variety? It surely couldn't hurt. The only other weather freak guy in the 12 to 19 age range that I know is Charles Kuster, and he's a year older than me. There are probably others, but they are very few and far between.
We'll wait and see. :)

There are definitely ways around the typical "thrill seeker" TV spot. I actually do a lot of TV, but it is only about three things - how much I love my state, sharing lightning pictures, and telling a monsoon or Plains chase story. Reality TV - I just don't follow it. Is it just me or are these extreme reality TV shows getting boring? New ones keep coming out but is the audience still there? (How many bugs can you watch a guy eat on Fear Factor?)

If the TS's are planning a TV spot, I think that's a good thing. I would encourage chasers to do TV - chasers tell the most accurate chase stories.

I can certainly understand why they asked for photos. I've seen some of y'all, and I wouldn't want you on my TV show either! :wink:

I can certainly understand why they asked for photos. I've seen some of y'all, and I wouldn't want you on my TV show either! :wink:

I'm sure you were not referring to me, Rob, I'm DEAD SEXY!! :D :D

I knew there must have been some reason to offer a free chase vacation, I wouldn't mind the cameras either, if I got to see some real supercells, instead of the conglomerated MCS's that they become when they reach my area. There's still that issue of not being home on time. I'm definitely thinking of submitting though. :wink:

Back