FREE week long CHASE TOURS in 2006 possible

What a fantastic offer! I have sent my email for consideration.
What a happy girl I would be, getting to the plains to chase like I have been dreaming of!
I don't smoke anymore either. (I am so proud, almost 2 months and not one craving. I have beat the cancer sticks!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!)

Hey Twister Sisters......if you are reading all of this...why ARE you doing this? No one offers anything for free, especially when you could charge something, and probably get it. If there are no catches, it's a great offer. ********I have an offer of my own. If someone would want to chase with ME, I'll pay for everything, including gas, hotels, etc. I have the vehicle - 2004 Intrepid - unlimited data connect w/ laptop, scanners, etc. MY problem.....I'm not experienced enough to get to where I need to be..on time. I chased Kansas/Oklahoma in June and got some nice sc pics, but hard to do it by myself. Can't stay on the laptop and everything and drive, and do everything else. I'll be chasing from mid-March through mid-June.....off and on....whenever nature calls. I usually stay in Embassy Suites, or compatible, and I smoke, but don't drink. Anyone interested, let me know.

It says possible free tour, which means there's definitely someone else involved. They're waiting on a commitment from either a corporate sponser or a producer of some kind, and I'd bet this commitment hinges greatly on the type of turnout their "free tour" adds can generate. This would also explain their motives for screening people who wish to sign up....no one likes to watch 'ordinary' people on television. (Of course this is all speculation, as no response to any of the questions has been posted).

Even if I truly was in the market for this, I'd be instantly turned off by their sign-up text: "what makes you interesting?" I didn't feel like they were offering me something cool for nothing. I felt like they were challenging me to prove myself worthy of their time.

Even if I truly was in the market for this, I'd be instantly turned off by their sign-up text: "what makes you interesting?" I didn't feel like they were offering me something cool for nothing. I felt like they were challenging me to prove myself worthy of their time.
I don't see anything wrong with that. It's their car and their time. If I am going to offer to share my intimate time with a stranger for a week, I too would want some sort of indication that this is going to be somebody with at least the potential for minimally interesting conversation.

I don't see how anybody concerned over the Twister Sisters' motives can seriously fault them for being concerned over the motives of those who apply.

But you have to become suspicious of their motives when they are asked questions and won't answer. I just don't like that.

Bob

I agree with that. But they aren't known to check this board everyday either. They don't post all that often. I am willing to wait and see how they respond when they get back around to checking this topic. It's not like next May is rapidly approaching or anything.

Hmmmm...this could be a setup. Anybody see the recent movie "The Island"? :lol:

Just strolling through, whistling the theme to Jeopardy...

...they aren't known to check this board everyday either. They don't post all that often.

Only when attempting to purge the list for business

...I am willing to wait and see how they respond when they get back around to checking this topic.

Maybe you are, but some of us are not. If the board's good enough to fish in, it's good enough to reply in. I think a few days is more than enough time to answer a few simple questions.

...It's not like next May is rapidly approaching or anything.

Then why post about the tour to begin with? It works both ways.

Only when attempting to purge the list for business
If the board's good enough to fish in, it's good enough to reply in.
Not so, Shane. I just looked over every one of Melanie's posts. All but two of them are interesting, informative, and on-topic posts in either TA or W&C. Not a single one makes any mention of her business. She is clearly a quality contributor to the forum. I don't think her not being here 8 hours a day like some of us changes that.

Why the hostility? Do you care enough to e-mail her, or are you just stirring poo publicly to attack her? If you have something of substance to say about Melanie, please share. Otherwise, I think the innuendo is in very poor taste, if not a TOS violation.

Why the hostility? Do you care enough to e-mail her, or are you just stirring poo publicly to attack her? If you have something of substance to say about Melanie, please share. Otherwise, I think the innuendo is in very poor taste, if not a TOS violation.

Interesting you mention TOS violations. I believe another person came out of nowhere last year with a deal so sweet it was too good to be true. And this person too was asked several times "what's the purpose of this?" and never repsonded. This person was eventually asked to either give up the ghost or his thread would be removed (which it eventually was I believe)

All anyone is asking for is the answer to what this is all about. It's naive to think people won't be curious when you put an offer like this on the table. And just as naive to think they won't get impatient after a week and no reply to said questions.

I'm not attacking Melanie or anyone, I'm merely bored, tired of waiting, and making assumptions based on the evidence I've seen so far. I'm inviting her to prove my theory incorrect. I believe the phrase is "squeaky wheels get the grease first."

If you really cared about the grease, you would have e-mailed her by now. Have you?

If not, I'd say you're not really in that big a hurry to find out, and/or really don't really care. That leads us back to YOUR motives.

My motives have not been veiled. Neither have my theories. And I stand by them, I'm just waiting for confirmation.

Trust me, there's no way you're going to win this little debate of ours.
Exactly what are we debating, Shane? :?

There is no debate here. You're just being a jerk. There is absolutely no call for you to impugn Melanie's integrity with sleazy innuendo. You would be upset if somebody was doing it to you.

I'm really disappointed. I always respected you and thought you were a pretty good guy. Obviously that was a hasty conclusion.

You're just being a jerk. There is absolutely no call for you to impugn Melanie's integrity with sleazy innuendo.

I'm not being a jerk, I'm suggesting this free tour isn't being done purely out of the goodness of ones' hearts. Because my opinion on this situation differs from yours doesn't mean I'm an a**hole.

You would be upset if somebody was doing it to you.

If I posted an offer online in a public forum that was to-good-to-be-ture and then didn't explain my motives further after several inquiries, I wouldn't be upset if someone called me out on it. I'd expect it.

I'm really disappointed. I always respected you and thought you were a pretty good guy. Obviously that was a hasty conclusion.

I'm disappointed as well...usually the respect I have earned was done so through honesty and independent thinking, the same attributes you obviously consider my shortcomings.

Back