FREE week long CHASE TOURS in 2006 possible

Hey... let's try to keep this thread on topic. It is in W&C, after all. Also, the dispute best belongs in PM between those involved. Thanks
MP

Trust me, there's no way you're going to win this little debate of ours.
Exactly what are we debating, Shane? :?

There is no debate here. You're just being a jerk. There is absolutely no call for you to impugn Melanie's integrity with sleazy innuendo. You would be upset if somebody was doing it to you.

I'm really disappointed. I always respected you and thought you were a pretty good guy. Obviously that was a hasty conclusion.

1. I think name-calling on this forum is in violation of the rules
2. Shane is not a jerk
3. You ARE making hasty conclusions
4. It does seem suspicious to me also that they would want a bio and picture of the person. Who cares what your chase partners look like? If this is all on the up-and-up then why aren't they responding to the questions? If they are simply looking for some additional chase partners for a tour they could just post that on ST and ask interested parties to PM them.

Just strolling through, whistling the theme to Jeopardy...

I'd change that tune to more of a soap opera theme with all the drama around here........

Most contests and other marketing ploys are created to generate a buzz, and normally there is some anticipation from being "strung along". This is not different in my opinion. Looks like it's working.

Tim

Melanie was abducted by aliens from planet Vortex. The aliens need stormchasers on their planet, and after whisking Melanie away to Vortex, they used her computer to post that offer.

However, after making the post, the computer crashed, and they have been unable to log back in to ST since.

They are fretting how to get more chasers to Vortex now.

I think Shane has nailed it. This most likely appears to me to be a recruiting ploy for a possible reality tv segment.

This concept is hardly anything new...I believe I came up with the idea a few years ago on wx-chase. Then again I never did anything about it.

Well, in my opinion, when Melanie posted that on here, she certainly should have expected questions and replies to her post and therefore check in at least every couple of days or so. However folks, it hasn't even been a week since she made that post....from Friday, July 29th. Give her some time to respond. There could be any number of reasons that she hasn't had the time to respond properly.

She did post an email for any questions: "send questions to us at:
[email protected]".

So, why not send an email with your questions and explain that inquiring minds on ST want to know more details? I personally could care less so I'm not going to spend my time following up on this. I'm just trying a little diplomacy here. :) I'd suggest being patient and waiting until she and the Twisted Sisters have a chance to respond. Ooops...that should be "Twister Sisters". That's the price for growing up in the 80's with Dee Snyder on MTV every 20 minutes. LOL!!! :)

Of course, marketing/PR 101 suggests that when making such an announcement, you should have a Q & A session afterwards.

I'd bet that it is some type of TV segment, but there is nothing at all wrong with that, IMO.
Exactly! So what if they are? I'm as curious as the next guy, but sheesh... a couple people act as if they are investigating a crime here. Sounds to me like somebody just can't stand the thought of somebody other than themselves getting a TV deal, or even a little publicity.

This concept is hardly anything new...I believe I came up with the idea a few years ago on wx-chase. Then again I never did anything about it.

And the chances someone couldn't have replied with this same thing then? LOL, came up with the tv idea.

Anyway I don't see anything wrong with the whole tv idea, so much so that I would have just came out and said so to begin with...had it been me.

Morgan, I think Shane was trying to take it to PM, seeings how the quote Rob used isn't found on this topic anywhere. Hmmmm.

C'mon guys....why question their motives? Their posts on this board, in case you haven't noticed, are short, sweet and to the point. They made an offer, everyone knows they are in a commercial business....so why all the trepidation?

One thing is for sure...judging by their track record, these two seem to have a knack for being where the action is!

Morgan, I think Shane was trying to take it to PM, seeings how the quote Rob used isn't found on this topic anywhere. Hmmmm.
Nope. He edited his post while I was replying.

C'mon guys....why question their motives?

Because their motives directly involve those within this forum/topic. You can't make a business offer, or throw a product to the public without having stating what the exact motives of the "product" are.

Their posts on this board, in case you haven't noticed, are short, sweet and to the point.

That's the problem, sometimes "short and sweet" and "few and far between" aren't always the best thing. When you throw a product out to the masses (in this case, a chase vacation), and people have questions, doesn't the company have a responsibility to answer the questions? Sure they could do it via e-mail, but their offer was through a public forum....

I noticed ALOT of other "chasers" get jealous, when they see another chaser get recognition via TV, or other types of publicity. IMO I see nothing wrong with going on TV -- Numerous chasers have done it, and if I was offered to go on a television show, then I would certainly take it. Anybody whom says they wouldn't is a liar, and are probably jealous and therefore make fun of the people that DO get on television or in newspapers, etc etc.

Im not so sure about that. A lot of times it the glamorizing of storm chasing that really gets me upset. Such seems to be the case on television a lot.

I noticed ALOT of other "chasers" get jealous, when they see another chaser get recognition via TV, or other types of publicity. IMO I see nothing wrong with going on TV -- Numerous chasers have done it, and if I was offered to go on a television show, then I would certainly take it. Anybody whom says they wouldn't is a liar, and are probably jealous and therefore make fun of the people that DO get on television or in newspapers, etc etc.

Im not so sure about that. A lot of times it the glamorizing of storm chasing that really gets me upset. Such seems to be the case on television a lot.

Yeah, it is completely false to make out storm chasing as some thrill hobby (or in some cases, glamoring up chasing), but in many cases alot of chasers just hate to see ANY chaser on television.

Yes, it's true they broadcast their offer through a public forum, but interested parties were simply requested to reply through e-mail. If you're interested enough to reply, and then get few or sketchy details in return, then, I agree...I would start to wonder if who I am dealing with was legitimate.

However, consider 1) they are well-known in the storm-chase business and doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot with some under-handed cheap stunt and 2) what's the downside, anyway? -- I mean, I guess not seeing a storm would be a risk of your time, but that's the risk chasers should understand, anyway.

My best guess, considering they are asking for pictures, is some commercial project is in the works for next year, and they're trying to get their ducks in a row, but I could be totally wrong. At any rate, at the least they have generated some excitement and speculation with their offer! Seems like the Twister Sisters know how to find the tornado and market themselves, too - hats off to them!

Back