Chase Case #1

I'm going to move north on 57/177 and try and catch the monster supercell moving through Dickinson County. If I can't catch up to it I will hold strong in Alta Vista or just north of the city and try and catch the new cell building up in Marion County. Either way I'm satisfied.

Well, I now know the date(thanks for ruining it Skip, just kiddin, I was actually wondering what date it was anyways). I wont ruin it for anyone else. Im out of this case, good luck to everyone still in it! And very good first case Danny! I enjoyed it.

Nice catch for the Northern targets. I'm gonna not loose hope and wait for the developing storm south of Mcpherson, KS. I'm not sure I could catch the warned one in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I hope that stepping east on 170th St. then north on Hwy 73 would have kept me ahead with a good view as that lead tornadic cell moved past Powhattan then E of Hiawatha. But I can see the stair step would come to a sad end south of White Cloud on the Missouri River. After following the lead cell, and if downed powerlines & road blocks are not an issue, I'll try to intercept the next batch moving in from the SW--moving up toward Rulo, KS depending on storm motion.

nice, Im watching a large tornado just outside Hiawatha, KS. Going to stick with this cell for awhile. May drop south a bit after the tornado disipates and try to catch the next storm as it passes.

Been playing the severe stuff just west of Junction City, but jogging back west on I-70, and then south on hwy 15 between Abilene and Elmo KS to play the tail endish storm coming up from Lindsborg.

I'm still in Wellington, KS. I have missed the show so far today. Storms to the north and storms to the south. At least there is an expanding cu field where I am at. I will continue to be patient and hope something develops in northern Oklahoma or southern Kansas.

Oh man, it looks like the cap up here just isn't going to budge, not yet. I'm getting antsy. I'm going to consider heading South. All right, done. I'm heading to Tonkawa then jumping on I-35 South and hopefully catch one of those cells popping up as it matures. That way I can also have the option of heading back North if need be. I guess I'll take the exit for highway 51 and sit there for a bit. It is only 3:40PM, so no need to panic. Yet.

Edit: Crap, I know this date now, I have to bow out. I wasn't there, but I recognize it. Good one Danny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you'll probably want to discredit me. Moving into Hiawatha I had an idea of what day it might be, and seeing the radar and warnings confirmed it. I can't help recognizing an event especially when I chased it, although I missed the tornado in real life.

Damn, I missed the beast up north. But it's still very early in the day and this gives me hope about what other storms will do.

I'm currently 2 miles north of the HWY 4/HWY 15 intersection watching this developing funnel north of Carlton, KS. I'm watching this precip to my east to see if it develops into anything. Hopefully this funnel will touch down, if not then its a jog east real quick to see what this eastern storm does. Also keeping a close eye on the storm exploding near Marion, KS. If that thing looks like its organizing any more, i'll be making another easterly jog east on HWY 56 towards Council Grove. Will await to see what my storm does in the next 10 minutes. If nothing happens, its eastbound for me.

Back