Can I become member of this forum?

Hi,

I am John from the Netherlands. member of a chasingclub overhere. But I folow each year also the tornado chases in Tornado Alley by internet.. A few of the members of mine weatherclub have been chasing in the USA as well. for example withe Cloud9 tours. Next year a few of them fly to Tornado Alley as well, succes chasing and or dicussing!!

John

Hi, unfortunaly threre where many victums of the last tornadoes i read in the dutch newspapers.. ;-(

john heyden said:
What do you all think about the chasing chanses for tonight?
Yeah, looking through the full SPC outlook certainly looks like there will be some chaseable storms (particularly this evening) if you're in that part of Texas

I will folow the evolution even it is very late in the night, early in the morning in The Netherlands at that time.. ;-)

I had planned to watch some of this event both on YouTube livestreams & on Radar .. but my sister & niece came over, so I only ended up giving a little bit of checking to Radar.
I did see tornado-warned storms, but none looked like they had real strong rotation (though that said, some were pretty far from the nearest Radar site...)
And yeah, looking at the SPC reports there were only 2 confirmed tornadoes.. this was mostly a hail & wind event.

Looks exciting for next evening (american time..) Early in the morning (dutch time)
Hopefully without any human ar other cassualties...
Chasing-worth I think!!?

Attachments

• day1otlk_1200 (2).gif
    day1otlk_1200 (2).gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
Chasing-worth I think!!?

Hi John.
As a Stormchaser/Photographer from Europe, i can tell you one thing: a moderate Risk is always worth to chase it.
Or with other Words - such setup with those ingredients is unthinkable for Europe.
Imo a Level 3 issued by Estofex(European Storm Forecast Experiment) for any Part of Europe, would be a slight or enhanced Risk in the US.
I chase every Year in the US and even on Marginal Risk Days, Supercells are quite common.

Chasing a moderate Risk is definitely a thing where you need some Experience to. You probably have to deal with fast moving (Tornadic) Supercells and giant hail - knowing your way out is one of the most important things on days like this.

Looking through the SPC outlooks / watches / etc, it certainly looks like there could be some dangerous storms this evening/tonight.
I see some severe warnings on the list my app gives, & storms or radar...but doesn't look like much right now.
I just fired up 4 YouTube livestreams to see various chasers will find anything.

Plan to 'watch' for awhile this evening.

--------------
If there was ever a moderate risk close enough to me to chase it, (and a day when I could) I'd deff do it, but even for enhanced I likely would too. Maybe slight as well.

I'd only ever chase in daylight though...

Hi John.
As a Stormchaser/Photographer from Europe, i can tell you one thing: a moderate Risk is always worth to chase it.
Or with other Words - such setup with those ingredients is unthinkable for Europe.
Imo a Level 3 issued by Estofex(European Storm Forecast Experiment) for any Part of Europe, would be a slight or enhanced Risk in the US.
I chase every Year in the US and even on Marginal Risk Days, Supercells are quite common.

Chasing a moderate Risk is definitely a thing where you need some Experience to. You probably have to deal with fast moving (Tornadic) Supercells and giant hail - knowing your way out is one of the most important things on days like this.
Hello Andy, no I cannot chase in the USA. I am old now and very sick (cancer..) It was my dream in the far past to chase in the USA but was not able to do it, some of my weatherfriends done it and will do it soon, in Holand so I enjjoy watching and following chasers online now...

@john heyden
Sad to hear that, John. All the best for you and i hope you will overcome this situation.

My post was more meant as an Comparison of Severe Threat Levels between Europe and the US, as you were asking if a moderate Risk is worth to chase.
Watching Live Streams is a great Thing. I do this also every now and then.
What i really like do to is going on a virtual Chase - choose your target Area by using various Weather Maps, Models (GFS, HRRR, Mesoanalysis), Run a Radar Programm on your Computer - when CI starts you will be able to see what happens around the Area that you've choosen to "chase" in. Maybe something for you to try out.

@john heyden
Sad to hear that, John. All the best for you and i hope you will overcome this situation.

My post was more meant as an Comparison of Severe Threat Levels between Europe and the US, as you were asking if a moderate Risk is worth to chase.
Watching Live Streams is a great Thing. I do this also every now and then.
What i really like do to is going on a virtual Chase - choose your target Area by using various Weather Maps, Models (GFS, HRRR, Mesoanalysis), Run a Radar Programm on your Computer - when CI starts you will be able to see what happens around the Area that you've choosen to "chase" in. Maybe something for you to try out.
Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply !
I already do thiis kind of virtual chasing that you mentioned for years, together with a "extreem weather" chatclub in the Netherlands. I hope that you and the other members of this forum here will share theorie experiences. Thrilling!! :)

Back