5/22/05 TALK: Most of Central US

Cell developing in Nowatta county now, have to see how long this one lasts.

Storm in SW Greenwood KS

Storm in SW Greenwood County KS is now severe. New Storms are developing over Miami OK looks severe hail. new echo's SW of Enid starting to pop.

Jeff Piotrowski

GR3 .....my buddy....is showing 2.25 hail, and a meso on NW side of storm. I wouldn't be surprised to see these line out and race south soon.

These storms are exploding!

That storm in Ottawa county is holding together really well!

Storms also exploding in Butler, Greenwood, and Elk counties area. Very nice. I'm loving my GRLevel3 right now! Very awesome!

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

NORTHWESTERN ARKANSAS
SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERN KANSAS
SOUTHWESTERN MISSOURI
NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA

It appears Dewey Co, OK is wanting to do something out there. About an hour or so ago a pretty good boundary was noticeable on VNX. Its dark and not worried about going after anything - but any moisture here would be nice.

The only thing holding me back from going out is it being night time. Otherwise I could easily have intercepted the cell coming out of Greenwood and Elk county since it's just a few counties over from me...

Nice lightning show going on outside to the east of ICT here. These storms really exploded, was taking my girlfriend home and noticed the lightning and looked out the window to see a nice sheared back anvil over E Wichita.. wasn't even showing on XM yet, lol.

Originally posted by jketcham
The only thing holding me back from going out is it being night time. Otherwise I could easily have intercepted the cell coming out of Greenwood and Elk county since it's just a few counties over from me...

Yeah, you might get some dings in your new chase vehicle!

Originally posted by Dick McGowan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dick McGowan)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jketcham

Yeah, you might get some dings in your new chase vehicle![/b]

No doubt, with the size of the hail that's showing on GR... :shock:

I notice that GR is indicating some Meso's on the storms though.. very nice.

Wonder who, if anyone, is out in that area chasing right now.. I'll be interested to see some storm reports from the area. Very impressive storm!

Originally posted by jketcham

It is a full moon tonight... :lol:

After 200 plus miles already today traveling along the KS/OK border(bird watching :roll: ) I'll just set and wait and see if it can make it to Tulsa. Hoping for lightning is all.

Back