5/22/05 TALK: Most of Central US

Seeing the same thing........now 1-3 miles NW of pawhuska......Osage co. OK

EDIT next sweep showing storm track on GR3. Now showing 41 dbz...

Currently in Ponca City, west of Pawhuska. The first storm to the east of us appears to have bit the dust, and the most recent storm doesn't look too impressive -- it has the orphaned storm look... We aren't entirely sure what we're going to do, since nothing around looks too impressive. Some congestus up in southern KS west of Wellington, but not too sure about that.

LOL I like the mesobeta-scale and misocyclone mention in Edward's MCD.

I just arrived in Miami, sitting at McDonald's watching radar. Only cell is over in Osage County...

Yeah it's not gaining any strenght right now, dont' think it's worth even going after at this point. Think I'll stick here in Miami for a while and see if anything changes....

Just east of Ponca City right now on hwy 60. Agree cell to the east looks rather ragged... also it is moving away quite rapidly. Think best chance of initiation (away from stuff to E) may be near 35 or just west of .. east or southeast of Enid. Vis currently shows a few CU this region and it is in an ehhanced area of sfc conv per SPC meso, not very confident in this however. May head back toward Tonkawa and prepare for a reapeat of yesterday (hope not).

The WRF model run at 18Z suggested this isolated development from 23-01Z with more widespread explosive development between 01 and 03Z.

NE OK into NW AR looks to be the target zone still.

...Alex Lamers...

Still pretty hot down here in Miami, looking at some CU popping up, but that's about it right now. Debating whether to stay put in Miami or head back west.

Might have had a tornado warning, but I dont think it was a "tornadic storm". Shouldnt be reissued, the storm has pretty much piddled, and theres no rotation showing up on radar. Not really sure why it was even issued in the first place, never really looked 'great'.

Might have had a tornado warning, but I dont think it was a "tornadic storm".
Aye. Still, I might move to Shelbyville anyway, they seem to get their share of the action. The severe weather capital of Indiana, perhaps?

Ben

Welp, back home.. just sat and watched the CU form along the boundry in Miami.. maybe next time.

Back