06/09/05 TALK: High Plains

Yeah, and it's all dirt roads if you want to track this thing... with lotsa creek crossings. Dunno the flood situation out there, but hopefully there isn't much flash flooding.

News 9 reports brief touchdown in Dewey County, now Tor Warned.

Also, the news 9 GPS showed Val driving 79 mph through the core of this storm about 10 minutes ago.

KWTV, Ranger 9 reported a brief touchdown with the Dewey Co, OK storm 3 west of Camargo. Also have tennis ball sized hail in the core. Video isn't too bad with another good sized wall cloud.

Large tornado is 13 miles west of damar....still on the ground moving east

Oberlin tornado still on the ground n ne of oberlin...

Ness Co now tornado warned....

Reported by Derek Shaffer via media coverage

Bouge, KS is going to get a real close shave, here, depending on how large that tornado is. The storm is still putting down one of the largest, strongest hailcores I've seen in a while.

Latest Rooks County, Kansas statement indicating one, possibly TWO tornadoes on the ground moving along the same path. Both heading for Damar at 45mph.

AT 451 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A TORNADO AND POSSIBLY TWO. THE NEAREST TORNADO WAS LOCATED
ONLY A FEW MILES WEST OF DAMAR...OR ABOUT 35 MILES SOUTHWEST OF
PHILLIPSBURG...MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

THE SECOND LARGER TORNADO WAS INDICATED ABOUT 7 TO 8 MILES WEST OF THE FIRST
TORNADO AND WAS MOVING IN NEARLY THE SAME PATH....MOVING TO THE EAST
AT 45 MPH.

What an incredible storm! Radar signatures look unreal and I would image the core of this storm is insane!

SPC storm report, multiple tornadoes. I hope someone got video or pics of that.

2201 DAMAR ROOKS KS 3932 9958 MULTIPLE TORNADOES VISIBLE (GID)

Hill City should be in the clear now, other than the RFD. I sure as hell wouldn't go East of there on the highway right now, though. If he stays well south of the highway (like 10+ miles south) and can find some dirt roads to take him due east and not at all north, and doesn't mind battling the RFD, he might be able to catch up with the tornado. Take my advice with a grain of salt though... I wouldn't want to get the guy killed. FYI it still looks on radar like there might be two tubes on this storm.

Ugh... well guess my forecast was off the mark today. Oh well. Strength of the mesolow from the HP beast is leading to a surprisingly large area feeling the effects, with progressive veering of the winds southward. Cell continues to look rather vicious - despite several collisions from smaller cells. Can only imagine what is going on in there with reports of numerous simultaneous tornadoes on the ground - some large. I need to move further west. Trego county cell starting to look much better now.

Glen

Gate to gate shear is absolutely incredible on the Rook Co cell and the storm is essentially a semi-circle now. If I lived in front of that cell I would be scared out of my brains right now.

...Alex Lamers...

People in Damar probably have quite a story to tell...

CA8XQ30L.gif

radar from www.my-cast.com

Edit: I have never seen wording like this before...

* AT 539 PM CDT...SEVERAL TORNADOES HAVE BEEN REPORTED IN ROOKS COUNTY... GENERALLY MOVING EAST AT 30 TO 50 MPH.
* THE LARGEST TORNADO IS EXPECTED TO BE NEAR... STOCKTON AT 550 PM CDT... WOODSTON AT 600 PM CDT

The 2003 population estimate for Damar, Kansas is 150
The 2003 population estimate for Stockton, Kansas is 1477
The 2003 population estimate for Woodston, Kansas is 111

Back