WX WORX packages

HankBaker

i want to lower my current package from responder to one of the aviation or marine packages to lower my monthly rate.

Is there anyone out there who is using something other than the 99.99 a month package.

I tried to call tech support at wx worx and had to leave a message.

I already called XM and had them change it to the 49.00 a month master mariner.

I guess my question is will it work? I have my system running out in the truck rightnow, we willsee if it changes over to the new plan.

But, i would appreciate if anybody is using something different to comment.

hank

It is definatly possible to change to whatever package you would like. For example, I went from the Responder $99.00-month to the Sailor $29.00-month, and can switch it to any package XM offers.

All that changes is the data that is sent to you. Although you may not be able to view some of the data sent in a marine package if you have the ground software.

Adam

Question: Is there a minimum contract for it? Can you sign up just for April-May-June?

There is no minimum contract, but they do charge an activation fee the first time and if you have shut off your service and would like to turn it back on again.

You could activate with a Sailor Package ($50 fee, $29 month) then upgrade to the Responder ($99 month). It's been done, and does work.

If you activated with the Responder the fee is $99, so you would be saving $50 on the activation

So short answer, yes you could sign up for just April,May, June and cut it off when you would like

Originally posted by HankBaker
i want to lower my current package from responder to one of the aviation or marine packages to lower my monthly rate.

Is there anyone out there who is using something other than the 99.99 a month package.

I tried to call tech support at wx worx and had to leave a message.

I already called XM and had them change it to the 49.00 a month master mariner.

I guess my question is will it work? I have my system running out in the truck rightnow, we willsee if it changes over to the new plan.

But, i would appreciate if anybody is using something different to comment.

hank

Hank:

I currently have the master mariner package, and I have no complaints about it. You have the products that really count - the radar, Lightning strikes, surface obs, and storm tracks.

I'm not sure it is worth it to switch down for the rest of the year, but for next season it would be. I do plan on stopping my service in the october timeframe, and then starting it again come April.

-Eric

Thanksfor all the input.
I changed over to the master mariner for $49.00 a month, heck i should of done that package in the spring.

I talked to XM and wxwork, yes you can change to any program you want.

After comparing everthing i decided the master mariner for 49.00 a month was the best value.

I did not want to turn it completly off and have to pay a 100.00 activation come sept or oct.

Also i do chase some stuff in the winter, hoping this works well for heavy snow and ice band chasing.

XM secret

Here's an XM secret!

If you already have an xm account, like for your car, tell xm to waive the activation fee. Just say that you are a current subscriber and you would like the activation fee waived. I did it with no problem.

I also went from the master mariner to responder with no problem. You can actually sign up for 1 day if you want. These services are billed kind of on a daily basis, so $99 / 30 days @ $3.33 a day etc.... Also if you disconnect for more than 2 months, they are supposed to charge the activation fee again, so use the above suggestion again...

Re: XM secret

Here's an XM secret!

If you already have an xm account, like for your car, tell xm to waive the activation fee. Just say that you are a current subscriber and you would like the activation fee waived. I did it with no problem.

anyone else done this? I am getting XM for my car because I am sick of Oklahoma City Radio stations. So if that is true, that would be great.

Mick

Back