Why moderator intervention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope you're all happy.

Someone smashed out my windows and broke my satellite dish about an hour ago, along with stole two ham radios and a GPS.

I sincerely hope the authorities are able to apprehend whoever is responsible for such a criminal act, Billy. Any criminal out there who is responsible for such behavior should live with the consequences of their actions, wouldn't you agree?

Now ... back to the justification, misrepresentation and theft that you perpetrated.

Billy Griffin wrote:
Someone smashed out my windows and broke my satellite dish about an hour ago, along with stole two ham radios and a GPS.
Sorry to hear that happen, Billy if it did happen. Will you be posting pictures of the broken windows and a copy of the police report as proof?

Mike

Originally posted by Billy Griffin

Karma.

I smell bull****. Considering you were awake during the alleged incident, you'd think you'd be able to HEAR someone smashing your windows not to mention the fact they'd have to get up on your car to get at your Sat dish. I don't think anyone on this forum could be DUMB enough to be as BLATANT with such a crime as you were.

About an hour ago? How was that time frame figured out?...

Anyway those videos tell me alot more and causes more doubht's in other areas about your stories...

Now your night time vid grabs are not listed as the 4-10-05 okc tornado but as another date...hmmm

You might have been around there .. congrat's but don't use others pictures to tell your story

:shock: Well now things are being blown way out of proportion. Like I said in the locked thread...people who aren't involved should drop it and people who are should do things on personal time.

It doesn't matter if you were provoked or not...a crime is still a crime. Hopefully that was nobody on this board and hopefully Billy stays safe. Innocent until proven guilty folks, no matter how bad things look.

...Alex Lamers...

Wow I don't check the board for a few days and poo hits the fan!

::Grabs popcorn and a coke:: (should be an interesting read)

Don't come the raw prawn with us, Billy! I'm very sorry for those of you who were victims of all this. Stealing another's original work is just rotten in my humble opinion!

As stated on the other thread, I did speak with Mr. Carano, and yes he does know Billy and speaks well of him. That said, I will remain on the sidelines on this issue as I am not an "agrieved (sp?) party".

One thing I have to reiterate though, is Billy is truly "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". This is a foundation of our Country and I would ask that everyone abide by it. The accusations have been made and refuted, it's now up to a higher authority than ourselves.

John Diel <attempting to be a voice of reason>

I've seen equally bad comments and threads about other chasers, and nothing was done -- even when the comments were way out of line. The moderators need to nip this kind of garbage soon and apply the rules equally to everyone. It may be only me, but I see ST slowly going down the path that WX-Chase did years ago. It was during that period that many veteran chasers left discussion groups and their knowledge and feedback has been lost forever.

Mike

Originally posted by Mike Johnson
I've seen equally bad comments and threads about other chasers, and nothing was done -- even when the comments were way out of line. The moderators need to nip this kind of garbage soon and apply the rules equally to everyone. It may be only me, but I see ST slowly going down the path that WX-Chase did years ago. It was during that period that many veteran chasers left discussion groups and their knowledge and feedback has been lost forever.

Mike

I whole-heartedly agree Mike. I'm a basically still a newbie to the community and I deeply value the experience from the veterans around here. It would greatly sadden me to find out we were losing respectable members of the chasing community because of the intent to defamate others.

I understand people are feeling extremely violated right now and rightly so. But imho, it only takes one post to make your opinion known. Like riot police, there needs to be someone to come in and break up the crowd. I agree with the Aaron in locking the thread and feel that everything has been exposed in that thread, and didn't need to come over to another thread.

Let the lawyers and included parties sort it out from here. I also suggest locking this thread and even if it doesn't get locked, I refuse to post anything because I'm not involved. I strongly encourage those who are not involved to simply view and resist any impulse to respond. Just my 2 cents.

Respectfully,
Ed Ballou

Originally posted by Edward Ballou+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Edward Ballou)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike Johnson

Mike

I whole-heartedly agree Mike. I'm a basically still a newbie to the community and I deeply value the experience from the veterans around here. It would greatly sadden me to find out we were losing respectable members of the chasing community because of the intent to defamate others.

I understand people are feeling extremely violated right now and rightly so. But imho, it only takes one post to make your opinion known. Like riot police, there needs to be someone to come in and break up the crowd. I agree with the Aaron in locking the thread and feel that everything has been exposed in that thread, and didn't need to come over to another thread.

Let the lawyers and included parties sort it out from here. I also suggest locking this thread. Just my 2 cents.

Respectfully,
Ed Ballou[/b]

I agree. The evidence is in. And it's overwhelming. But much of the resulting behavior and comments – while understandable – are not very dignified. It seems the thread has run it's course and should probably be locked.

However, It would be interesting and useful to read about the results and consequences from actions taken. For future reference. In case any of us are violated like this one day.

I suspect that legal actions would be cost prohibitive. Simply not worth it. It costs a lot of money to bring a lawsuit. And you would have to demonstrate significant loss of revenue to recoup damages and court costs. It can cost a lot of money just to have a lawyer write a cease and desist letter. If anyone has been in touch with his host provider it would be interesting to know what the response was.

I think it's safe to say that BG has lost all respect and credibility with the chase world. Time to sell that dish and find another hobby there Billy. But the ugly "tar-and-feather" behavior is not very becoming to the rest of us.

I'm really pissed too. And I wasn't even ripped off. I know how hard it is to get "trophy shots." Especially during a season like this one. Speaking as a creative professional this kind of thing really gets my blood boiling. But at this point it seems the only relevant info would be learning about the results of actions taken.

db

May I offer a possible way to resolve this?

Mr. Griffen...post your original, uncropped images. If you are able to do so, then that will prove those are just amazingly coincidental, exactly the same photos.

If you can't, as has been said, the evidence is in, and those that choose to take further steps will do so. (And please, don't resort to the "I have nothing to prove" stance....it's obvious there is something to prove.)

Then we can all get on with our regularly scheduled programming. :D

Just FYI, I pulled some of Billy's "images" and the original images and did a pixel-by-pixel overlay of the uncropped portions... each of those image overlays matched up exactly. There was no differences in the pictures I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back