Why moderator intervention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was a beauty. I guess we can move Billy's count for Sunday up to 17 as I am sure that will appear on his website soon. Because after all Billy has the gift of being on every tornado every chase that he is on apparently. Maybe you should lay off the lawyers and take some geography classes as you obviously have no clue what state you are in at a given time as well.

My pic:
tn_vidcap16.jpg

"Billy's Pic"
9.jpg

My pic:
tn_vidcap29.jpg

"Billy's pic"
10.jpg

You have to be kidding me, dude. These pictures are identical, and by the way, lol, those are video captures, dude - those are not stills. I have the ORIGINAL video to prove it. You can BET on you WILL be getting sued for this...

I also don't understand why the other thread was locked, no personal threats were made. This kind of thing has to be put out in the open, as this issue is a frequent problem, especially to other professional photographers like Mike Hollingshead...

I am posting the video on my page now...

I suppose you guys will say I stole that too?

If you listen closely to the audio, you'll hear my "shutter sound" off my digital camera and also hear me complain to my son about my HP camera messing up.

Sorry you guys didn't get as close, but I was right there too down in the canyon taking those shots.

Give me a freaking break guys. I locked the thread because pretty much all that could of been said has been. We don't need a reshash of 50 posts comparing picture to picture, pixel by pixel. If you have a problem with the poster, take it up with him. As far as I am concerned, the original thread has "exposed" the individual as needed. There are plenty of pertinent posts in there. I don't see what else can come of it.

Aaron

if you save an image from billy's site and the matching one from one of the victims, open the advanced properties for each and lo and behold, identical properties, except for the cropping. I found it odd that Billy supposedly has a trv33 just like Scott and took the pic at the same time.

:roll:

billy_griffin_is_a_dumbass.jpg

Crosspost from the thread about Mike H's pics getting ripped again:

Easy way to 'watermark' your images.

Open it in your favorite image editing program.

Put your text on it.
wm01.jpg

Bevel the text.
wm02.jpg

Then fade the text to level that works best.
wm03.jpg

You then have an image that can be viewed....
wm04.jpg

and no matter how it's altered...your 'watermark' stays visible.
wm05.jpg

wm06.jpg

Easypeasy, guys. :D

Use different colors for the text as needed, and don't always use the same fade out level.

Puhleeze, own up and retract them, BG. I don't want to see a lot of $$$ going to lawyers from good people who have much better uses for it.

TTI I suspect the wronged photographers may have trouble proving damages; and the "evidence" looks pretty damning. In that situation, the lawyers end up getting dough, and the aggrieved end up with emotional retribution.

Aaron,
Not taking this out on you bud, just I think everyone here is extremely pissed at Billy. I think a lot of people had a lot more to say. Understand that you did what you did because ya had to.

Aaron, I think what really has us riled up even more than stealing the images is coming here and blantantly (STILL! :shock: ) lying about it. He might as well have just walked up and pissed in our face. :evil:

Originally posted by Aaron Kennedy
I locked the thread because pretty much all that could of been said has been.

Aaron, with all due respect man, that's not a reason for locking a thread. I'm a mod on a few boards and it takes alot for us to lock a thread. Delete any post that violate the TOS and let whatever discussion continue no matter how repetative or irrelevant it may be.

People are pissed and need to vent. :wink:

My video clip is now up on my page. I guess I'm stealing that too?

Hey David, isn't that your white van driving away as I'm driving in to it?

Many other chasers were topping the hill to get better views while I was driving in to it. Also, let the video play... the wedge is pretty much clear in the latter part as we were parked alongside most all of you.

This is silly. I can't wait for the first reponse on how I stole the video clip and other stuff.

Sorry guys, I don't need photos - I HAVE THE VIDEO TO PROVE IT !!!

I am done responding to these allegations.

For the record, I alone locked the thread. If you got a problem with it, PM me and we can discuss. It was in no means to try to shy away from discussion, protect the indivdual, moderator conspiracy, etc. etc.

At the time it was locked, threads were flying in and were blatantly in violation of ST rules. Locking the thread was in effort to stop the forest fire from going out of control so to speak. I have no problems with discussion pertaining to proving copyright infringement etc etc, but we don't need 50 repeats posts scolding the individual. It's been done! We have 9 pages of posts in the other topic that have already crucified the person.

Keep it civil, I'm catching some zzzs now.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back