Why moderator intervention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really burns me when the Stormtrack forum locks a thread because it deals with real issues. If the moderators have a problem with a few vulgar posts, delete the vulgar post and keep the important discussion/issue alive. I’m not sure under what circumstance the decision is made (whether it is one or all moderators) to lock a discussion, but when numerous chasers are being affected by a Stormtrack member who is stealing images I’d say that’s quite a topic to be discussed. Guess what mods, issues at hand need to be discussed and don’t always stay in this nice, protected box. It’s pathetic that Stormtrack locks and defends potential controversial discussions when wrong-doing is brought forth in an attempt to what… protect us from being personal? Issues such as these will be personal because those affected have been hit on a personal basis. To this significance, it is not a topic that can privately be discussed when so many on this forum have been affected. Sorry but a very poor decision.

And a note to Billy Griffin… you are a thief, a liar, a fraud, and embarrassment to chase community.

Scott Blair
http://www.targetarea.net

agreed

In this case, I have to apply with Mr. Blair. I realize that Stormtrack is run privately, however, it is my feeling that the correct way of handling this would have been to delete the post, warn the poster, give a general warning to avoid slander in the thread, and let the conversation continue. Locking the thread of a case this important is poor moderator judgement. This is just my opinion.

Scott,
I agree...I believe this is a topic that needs to be open throughout Stormtrack. I agree it would be a smart idea to delete the vulgar posts, but keep the important ones. Too many are affected with this childish and ILLEGAL act. Especially after reading Billy's post about how these are truly "his" pictures, when we all know they are not and some of the tornado pics dont even match the true date or place, members really need to let him know what they think. The evidence is there..

...id hate to be in his shoes next chase....

Originally posted by Mike Mezeul II
Scott,
I agree...I believe this is a topic that needs to be open throughout Stormtrack. I agree it would be a smart idea to delete the vulgar posts, but keep the important ones. Too many are affected with this childish and ILLEGAL act. Especially after reading Billy's post about how these are truly \"his\" pictures, when we all know they are not and some of the tornado pics dont even match the true date or place, members really need to let him know what they think. The evidence is there..

...id hate to be in his shoes next chase....

Especially now that we all recognize his vehicle.... This was a very blantant violation of rules of ST and even laws...

I'm in total agreement with Scott, I think for the topic to be locked was in poor taste and to try and make StormTrack appear to be this perfect realm where all is ok. It's not perfect, many members of this forum have became victims of Billy, this needs to be addressed and Billy should be allowed to provide an explanation.

Delete vulgar posts, but dont' delete a thread regarding an actual issue just because you don't like it.

While I am not defending Mr. Griffin, I do agree with locking the thread. About the only thing that needs to be done now is that the affected parties to take legal action (if they choose to do so). The evidence has been posted overwhelmingly and it's pretty much a no-brainer at this point on who's in the right.

Also, the posting of phone #s/personal info is uncalled for.

i do believe that posting his personal info was a uncalled for, but delete those posts and let us discuss this in a professional manner.

Kyle, must respond to your last post here....

What I published was taken directly from a link (which I provided). The link information is quite clearly a site maintained by the listed musicians themselves so that they may be contacted. Thus I can't accept that you should be directing your concerns at me.

A quick note to all: if you feel you must take legal action, so be it. I don't think this forum is the place for that. I think it's a shame for you guys posting my personal information. My wife and children thank you for that.

I HAVE CONTACTED THE NORMAN AND OU POLICE DEPT. AND I'VE ALSO CONSULTED WITH MY ATTORNEYS ON THE WEBPAGE MESSAGES, THREATS, EMAILS SENT, ETC. AND YOUR IP ADDRESSES HAVE ALL BEEN LOGGED.

This should be a closed topic and attorneys should carry this out.

I have the images in question on my hard disk from my digital camera and I had 4 other chase partners who all were there and observed me download the photos off my camera last night.

I would appreciate it, though, if you all would please stop making personal attacks and physical violence threats against me, my family, and my personal property. In addition, would you please stop posting my professional and personal information / contact information on this thread?

I will provide contact information for the law firm representing me shortly via reply to U.S. postal mail only.

Originally posted by Billy Griffin

I HAVE CONTACTED THE NORMAN AND OU POLICE DEPT. AND I'VE ALSO CONSULTED WITH MY ATTORNEYS ON THE WEBPAGE MESSAGES, THREATS, EMAILS SENT, ETC. AND YOUR IP ADDRESSES HAVE ALL BEEN LOGGED.

Deja Vu...Thank jebus for Dynamic IP address...Muhaahhahahaha

I do not beleive anyone has posted physical threats... though i didnt really pay attention...

If you didnt want your contact information posted you shouldnt have stolen so many peoples works and then posted them as your own... as for your chase partners who saw you... did they happen to be nick grillo, dave drummond or any of the others?

This is just a shame...

I think it should be noted that the personal information that was posted is completely available at ANY TIME, by ANY ONE in the world with an internet connection by simply doing a whois lookup on your site. If you were that worried about it being seen, you should have used some more secure info to register the domain name.

Not siding one way or another of whether or not it should have been copied here, just pointing out that it is freely available that way to everyone worldwide.

Digital cameras show up as USB storage devices, so it is not that hard to dump images back to them. Also, if the photos were taken with a digital camera, there would be no grain in them.

Just an observation...

As it was another moderator that locked the thread, I defer to his judgement.

I listed a couple things too, all on the internet and open to public viewing

-Domain name was a WHOIS,
-People Search for University of Oklahoma
http://search.ou.edu/
-Profile on ST, is listed at the bottom.

Bottom line is all the information is out there on the internet
for anybody to view and search for.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back