"Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley" Season 2 - French Series !

banniereRDVTA_forum_IC.jpg

Hi guys,

Some of you may have already seen the first season of our french web series "Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley" which had been filmed in 2011 and broadcasted on the French Weather Channel. If not, you can watch every episodes for free on Youtube and with English subtitles! See the previous thread about it on Stormtrack.

Season 1 on Youtube > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB8t2Tsd18g&feature=share&list=PLB5C404A389C0B35A

Now we're back for Season 2, starting December 1st! It will feature a lot of extreme events from this 2013 spring while telling our story. The story of four friends, keen on severe weather, and living their dreams in the US! Take a look at the trailer below and tell us what you think of it!

Watch video >

EPISODE 1 : "AWAKENING OF THE SENSES" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 2 : "INSTABILITIES" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 3 : "RECOVERY" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 4 : "MOORE" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 5 : "GONE WITH THE WIND" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 6 : "LP/HP" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 7 : "DOMINATION" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 8 : "CHAOS IN OKLAHOMA" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 9 : "BREAKING BAD" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 10 : "COLORFUL COLORADO" (click on the picture)

EPISODE 11 : "DIX" now available for free! (click on the picture)

SEASON 2 FEATURES

• Bennington tornado (as seen on the picture at the top of this post)
  • Wichita May 19th tornado
967114_519205811473477_1295654152_o.jpg

• Arcadia LP Supercell (May 26th) :
936780_521320014595390_1979445625_n.jpg

• The sadly devastating Moore tornado :
941419_619866098025071_239774947_n.jpg

• The tragic El Reno tornado from a very close point of view :
980309_525281034199288_1840328290_o.jpg

And a lot of other violent/beautiful storms, because storm chasing is not only about tornadoes!

981066_524761357583281_414646272_o.jpg

You can suscribe to the Chroniques Chaotiques (Chaotic Chronicles) YouTube channel or to the Facebook Page so you don't miss any episode. I'll post them here as well.

I hope you will enjoy chasing "with" us. If you do, please tell your friends about it :)
Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely loved Season 1 and ended up watching it through a couple times. It was impeccably well shot and put together. December 1 will be right in the heart of SDS season, so I can't wait!

BTW, what camera slider were you guys using? I was using a Konova K2 (1-meter) this year and couldn't have been more pleased with it. What were your experiences like with set up and maintenance?

I absolutely loved Season 1 and ended up watching it through a couple times. It was impeccably well shot and put together. December 1 will be right in the heart of SDS season, so I can't wait!

BTW, what camera slider were you guys using? I was using a Konova K2 (1-meter) this year and couldn't have been more pleased with it. What were your experiences like with set up and maintenance?

We used a Glidetrack Shooter 20'' which was the maximum length we could easily put into our luggage from Europe. I've been pretty pleased to use it even if it was a bit short in a few circumstances. Sometimes it wouldn't slide very smoothly because of wet track or dust on the slides, and maybe it lacks some taller feet for an easier slide on the ground with tall grass! Appart from that, it did the job! Note that I didn't have the opportunity to try any other slider though, so you might ask somebody who's more experimented than me with this kind of gear.

Thanks for the nice comments by the way!

Season 1 was great, I watched every episode. (You were following me through the damage path on May 24th 2011)

Definitely looking forward to the new season, you guys do an amazing job documenting and telling the story of your experience.

Love season 2 so far. The production is outstanding. It sure shows that you don't have to have tornadoes in the shot to make a captivating show. Is all of your video shot on DSLR and GoPro cameras?

Yes, exactly, all shot with a Canon 7D and two Canon 5D Mark III, plus the GoPros inside and outside.

We're used to chase in France without expecting tornadoes so, as far as we're concerned, lightning, structures, heavy rain and hail... is what storm chasing is all about in the first place. American storms being always more extreme that what we experience here anyway. Then, the tornado is the cherry on the cake. An incredibly beautiful and exciting cherry though!
And I find it more interesting to share the story of our trip with its ups and downs, its variety of landscapes and phenomena, than just focusing on the tornado moments. That way it feels more like they're rare (which they really are!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Christophe, a big thumbs up for both the footage and production of this series! I really enjoy watching it and think it's almost suitable for tv broadcasting. :)
Agreed on your idea of chasing, there is so much more to enjoy than just tornadoes.

Back